Energy Conservation Specialist TEMP
Coordinates and provides technical services for an energy policy, plan and program.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from a department or program manager or supervisor.
- Exercises indirect or direct supervision over temporary or seasonal staff, student interns, and/or volunteers.
- Monitor energy conservation measures within organization facilities to ensure proper operation.
- Identify additional energy savings opportunities, promotes general energy/water savings awareness and behavioral modification strategies to generate additional savings.
- Tracks and quantities changes in facilities energy/water consumption for baseline maintenance.
- Coordinate and administer program services within established guidelines and policies and typically in compliance with program grant objectives.
- Provide direct client or public service and assistance; develop energy training or educational programs.
- Evaluate program effectiveness, assess the needs of the employees and the energy program, and recommend improvements to program procedures and services to meet those needs.
- Conduct marketing efforts to promote awareness and education on program services including preparing articles for newsletters and press releases, developing and distributing brochures, developing partnership plans, and making presentations to community groups and collateral agencies.
- Coordinate program activities and services with as directed by Facilities Services Director; develop community resources. ct as a liaison for assigned program to related programs and the partners.
- Respond to complaints and requests for information and act as technical and referral source for clients and public regarding assigned and related programs and services.
- Participate in various committees related to program activities and responsibilities.
- Interpret program policy and procedures.
- Compile and maintain program records and statistics and prepare reports related to program activities and services; monitor program budget and grants; participate in budget development.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Principles, practices, and techniques of program development and administration.
- Scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to the assigned program and related functions.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Record keeping and reporting procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Provide professional customer service to partners and public.
- Provide in-depth information related to assigned program.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Four years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities related to energy and/or sustainability management and coordination.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Sustainability, , Business or Public Administration, or a field directly related to the program area.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.