Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Performs paraprofessional work to assist employment service providers in case management duties. Administers assigned program to employment clients.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from Workforce Team Manager.
- Exercises no supervision.Assist clients in completing applications; research and respond to client and public questions; obtain documentation; review and determine eligibility for services.
- Coordinate client orientations; prepare materials and location for orientation; schedule participants; present program information to participants.
- Create and maintain client and program computer records and hard copy files; document client notes.
- Perform basic case management administration including conducting client meetings, reviewing eligibility and progress and providing counseling to clients; refer clients to community resources; make recommendation for sanctions.
- Conduct job referral duties with clients; interview and evaluate clients; ensure follow-up with clients; provide labor market information to employers and job seekers; conduct job matches; make appropriate placement referrals.
- Provides administrative support for assigned program and employment specialists and managers.
- Provide testing services to job seekers and clients.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Operation of standard office equipment including fax machines, copiers, and computers.
- Routine software and business applications, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to assigned employment programs.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to workforce center programs.
- Employment job search practices.
- Testing methods and tools.
- Human Services programs and services.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Perform effective public speaking to groups of varied interests and backgrounds.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Three years of experience in a directly related Human Services or employment field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- High School diploma or GED required supplemented by additional training in Human Services programs and services.