Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Provides employment related counseling, job referral, case management, and community based referral services to a variety of clients. Performs employment related training and orientations.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Receives immediate supervision from Workforce Team Manager and higher-level professional staff.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Collect, organize, and analyze information to assess a client's interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics for vocational and educational planning; identify strengths and barriers related to employment and program specific barriers to successful engagement within the workforce.
- Perform case management activities including conducting interviews and follow-up interviews with assigned clients; evaluate client's background; develop an employment plan for client; provide employment and vocational counseling; make referrals to employers, community resources, and training opportunities; recommend client payments.
- Provide life skills and stabilization counseling, and serve as an advisor for workplace conduct, behaviors, and attributes for success in the workplace.
- Provide information and guidance on job search tool development including, but not limited to, the creation of appropriate resumes, cover letters, networking strategies, and other elements of a successful job search.
- Explain and interpret program rules and regulations; navigate systems with clients; monitor compliance with program rules; may possess in-depth and specialized knowledge to provide services to targeted customers.
- Conduct job referral duties with clients; interview and evaluate clients; ensure follow-up with clients; provide labor market information to employers and job seekers; conduct job matches; and make appropriate placement referrals.
- Conduct job referrals by matching client background to employment opportunities; register clients for job referral services; connect clients with appropriate training opportunities/services; maintain computerized records of job openings and job seekers; utilize computerized system to conduct automated job matching.
- Assist in conducting employment related workshops; assist participants in resume writing, interviewing methods, and job search strategies.
- Prepare and manage participant files and maintain appropriate information; track clients based on appropriate criteria; enter participant data into computerized tracking system in a timely basis. Maintain appropriate client log notes on a timely and on-going basis.
- Provide assistance with client-based crisis interventions as needed.
- Compile and interpret occupational, educational, and economic information to develop and implement vocational and educational plans.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of state agencies, community based organizations, other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Provide public presentations, focus groups, and informational sessions for community-based organizations and other community-based partners. Maintain comprehensive files of community resource information; refer participants to community resources as appropriate.
- Participate in various committees and boards related to program activities and responsibilities; may lead program-based committees.
- Provide current and future labor market information.
- Assist in developing and recruiting employers and on-the-job training opportunities for assigned program.
- Recruit job postings directly from employers; provide labor, employment, and related information to employers; write job postings and descriptions.
- Facilitate initial applicant group sessions and orientations; provide program overview and information to clients attending orientation.
- Facilitate transition of applicants (and appropriate paperwork) to employment specialists or other agencies.
- Work as a liaison with other agencies to resolve client issues; ensure efficient and effective operations between agencies; ensure program compliance; and resolve inter-agency conflicts.
- Participate in job fairs providing information to interested parties.
- Participate in team meetings and subcommittee work as requested.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to employment and training programs.
- Scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to employment and training programs.
- Principles of case management.
- Community services and resources.
- Social services programs.
- Concepts of self-sufficiency, career counseling and barriers to employment.
- Crisis intervention, mediation, and conflict resolution.
- Current and future labor market information, employer expectations, and effective and current job search practices.
- Various assessment tools and practices.
- Principles of participant/counselor confidentiality.
- Computerized tracking systems (or demonstrated ability to learn computerized tracking systems).
- Routine software and business applications, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Listen intently and effectively as clients provide information and respond in professional, productive, and appropriate ways to convey a caring, insightful, professional manner.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Use judgment in locating and selecting the most appropriate regulations in a variety of circumstances in which the task is repeated.
- Develop, recommend, and, where appropriate, implement creative service strategies for clients to best meet client needs.
- Provide leadership for internal, inter/intradepartmental, and community-based committees or program processes.
- Serve as an informal resource for clients, team members, and community-based organizations.
- Provide training to new team members and peers, as needed.
- Obtain, interpret, and relay labor market information to participants.
- Accomplish the assigned workload in a timely manner and meet established performance standards and objectives.
- Perform typing functions within required words per minute.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- No direct experience required.
- One year of experience in a directly related field working with adults or youth in a human services setting, particularly in an employment-related services or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities is desirable.
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Sociology, Psychology, Public Administration or a related field.