Distribution Center Technician
Prepares, packs and assists with the tracking and deployment of all Election Day, Service Center, and early voting supplies and equipment. Creates manifests used by contracted movers, election staff, and election workers. Performs ballot inventory of all paper ballots. Spot checks ballots to assure vendor quality control checks. Supervises the ballot packing process.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives direct supervision from the Distribution Center Manager.
- Exercises direct supervision over temporary election workers.Administer state and federal election laws to ensure successful early voting and Election Day experiences for staff and the public.
- Review and analyze election field manuals; determine supply requirements and quantities for each election.
- Create supply manifests that are used to confirm the accurate deployment of election materials.
- Pack over 325 field "supply" boxes for use in early voting and on Election Day.
- Prepare label and pack accordion files with State and Election Office approved forms to be distributed to Election Judges at the Voting locations.
- Create seal logs and seal reconciliation forms for ballot box distribution.
- Supervise the deployment of all Election Day supplies.
- Assist with the deployment of all Election Day equipment.
- Design and perform audit and quality checks on all container contents; error rates in this area result in numerous Election Day phone calls, therefore, attention to detail is paramount.
- Supervise, under the direction of the Distribution Center Manager, the packing of paper ballots including ballot check-in, quality assurance checks, and accurate, detailed packing of such ballots.
- Monitor the security of ballots including seal logs.
- Perform routine maintenance checks as directed and assigned on voting equipment.
- Prepare shipping documentation and assist with the preparation and transportation of equipment to off-site vendors.
- Assist with the delivery and pick-up of ballot boxes and voted early voting ballots.
- Perform physical inventories and utilize inventory management system to track supplies and equipment as well as documenting chain of custody history.
- Assist with the vehicle licensing area including inventory, mailings, and multiple daily, weekly, and monthly prints.
- Assist with the mail function of the distribution center.
- Assist with vehicle maintenance function of the distribution center.
- Work in any Clerk and Recorder department when necessary.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Perform Central Receiving duties including the acceptance of deliveries for the various departments within the Courthouse.
- Perform VIN Inspections on a variety of cars, trucks, and trailers for the Motor Vehicle Department.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to organizations in inventory control.
- Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 1, election laws, and Secretary of State Rules as applied to elections; federal election laws as applies to the Help America Vote Act of 2002 and the National Voting Rights Act of 1963.
- Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 42, Vehicles, and Traffic.
- Research techniques, sources, and availability of information and methods of report presentation.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standard operation procedures.
- Supervisory principles, procedures, and methods including selection, training, discipline, and evaluation.
- Best practices as it applies to the Elections Department and Vehicle Licensing Department.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, election management system, word processing spreadsheets, layouts, scheduling, project management, and databases.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and interpret statutes.
- Properly interpret and make decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- The elections process is extremely complex and requires accuracy and detailed attention. Stress is most definitely a factor in this position.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives with other agencies and organizations, contacts with polling location designees, and members of the public.
- One year of progressively responsible experience in the Elections area or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Inventory and equipment maintenance experience.
- Familiarity with Vehicle Licensing regulations.
- Equivalent to an Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Warehousing, or a related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, voter's registration in State of Colorado and Larimer County.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain in the next two years, Colorado State Election Certification.
- Maintain continuing education hours annually or as required.
- Possession of Fork Lift Certification.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Lift ballot boxes and cases weighing up to 32 pounds from floor level to 60 inches above floor level.
- Carry up to 32 pounds from a cart to a vehicle.
- Push and/or pull with up to 25 pounds of force.
- Stand and/or walk for up to eight hours during quality control tasks.
- Office environment
- Exposure to weather, heat, cold, noise, chemicals, heights, and outdoor elements.