County Offices, Courts and the Landfill will be closed on Monday, September 7 in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Distribution Center Manager
This position supervises the employees who provide essential internal support services for each of the offices in the Clerk & Recorder's Department. Also, serves as the primary contact for all Distribution Center activities and as an integral part of the election management team along with the Election Operations Manager and the Business Analyst. Oversees daily operations, delegates tasks, manages projects and monitors department performance.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from the Clerk & Recorder.
- Exercises direct supervision over Distribution Center staff, temporary staff, suppliers, and contractors.Administer State and Federal election laws; coordinate with Election Operations Manager and Business Analyst for the successful completion of each election cycle.
- Review, analyze, and explain state election statutes and rules.
- Solicit and review vendor proposals.
- Exercise direct supervision of positions, employees, operations, and activities within the Distribution Center; may include coordinating staff training, assigning and reviewing work, participating in the interview and selection process, making recommendations impacting pay, status, and disciplinary action, and evaluating performance and approving time off.
- Participate in State and County election committees and trainings; develop election day trainings for crews assigned out of the Distribution Center area.
- Oversee HAVA Compliance Officer and ensure federal and state standards are met at all times; respond to HAVA complaints as filed.
- Supervise Central Receiving services provided for all departments within the Larimer County Courthouse.
- Develop and manage this area's budget;; review and approve expenditures.
- Investigate, interpret, analyze, and prepare recommendations in relation to proposals for new programs and services.
- Plan, organize, and direct organizational and administrative programs; research, analyze, and coordinate projects.
- Maintain data records for election functions performed by the Distribution Center.
- Organize and maintain all physical equipment and supplies for the Clerk and Recorder's Office including Elections, Recording, and Vehicle Licensing Departments.
- Maintain offsite warehouse including storage, retention, security, and facility monitoring.
- Procure and negotiate off-site warehouse contracts.
- Solicit bids for the printing and mailing of various types of correspondence.
- Ensure compliance with Secretary of State rules regarding voting system accessibility and storage requirements.
- Plan, organize, and oversee the on-going hardware maintenance of all voting tabulation system equipment and election day equipment.
- Plan, organize, and direct the deployment, loading and delivery of all election equipment including Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI) background checks, performance bonds, route scheduling ; and monitoring election cycle pick ups and deliveries.
- Oversee the return of all election day supplies and equipment.
- Develop security access levels with other election areas.
- Develop and implement quality assurance and quality control procedures for equipment and supply deployment.
- Supervise the creation and use of all supply and equipment manifests necessary for the accurate deployment of all election supplies and equipment.
- Initiate and maintain primary contact with all election day polling locations including negotiating contracts, set-up, delivery, tear-down, and compliance with facility requirements.
- Organize and schedule the set-up, maintenance, and tear-down of all County early voting sites including equipment, supplies, and traffic flow operations.
- Negotiate contracts,
- Maintain knowledge of current postal service regulations and provide accurate information, in compliance with statutory requirements, for the handling of all mail projects including shape based design and lay-outs.
- Administer Vehicle Licensing mailings.
- Participate in ballot delivery scheduling and transportation; responsible for the packing and distribution of all ballots.
- Administer public and "on site" VIN inspections of motor vehicles, manufactured homes and SMM equipment.
- Procure and coordinate the use of numerous County and rented vehicles during the election cycle.
- Schedule and implement yearly document disposal according to set security standards and statutory requirements.
- Supervise the packing of all supplies and equipment in conjunction with the Election Operations Manager.
- Maintain and administer Vehicle Licensing plate inventory including contacts with State Department of Revenue.
- Testify at legislative or state hearings, as needed, on the physical or security needs of voting tabulation systems.
- Upon request by other states and counties, and with the approval of the Clerk and Recorder, provide information on the physical processing of Vote Centers.
- Assist with form design for all departments.
- Administer U.S. and interdepartmental mail process for all Clerk and Recorder's departments.
- Work in any Clerk and Recorder department when necessary.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to organizations in the public administration area.
- Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 1, election laws, and Secretary of State Rules as applied to elections; federal election laws as applies to the Help America Vote Act of 2002 and the National Voting Rights Act of 1963.
- Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 42, Vehicles, and Traffic.
- Research techniques, sources, and availability of information and methods of report presentation.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standard operation procedures.
- Principles and practices of warehousing, public relations, budget analysis, project management, data analysis, and personnel management.
- Supervisory principles, procedures, and methods including selection, training, discipline, and evaluation.
- Best practices as it applies to Elections Department and Vehicle Licensing Department.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, election management system, word processing spreadsheets, layouts, scheduling, project management, and databases.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and interpret statutes.
- Properly interpret and make decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- The elections process is extremely complex and requires accuracy and detailed attention. Stress is most definitely a factor in this position.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives with other agencies and organizations, contacts with polling location designees, and members of the community.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in the Elections area or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Inventory equipment maintenance experience.
- Familiarity with Vehicle Licensing regulations.
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field. Experience may be substituted.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, voter's registration in State of Colorado and Larimer County.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain in the next two years, a Colorado State Election Certification.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a National Election Certification.
- Maintain continuing education hours annually or as required.
- Possession of Fork Lift Certification.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.No other information.