Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Detention Services Manager
Manages the Detention Service Unit and personnel within Larimer County Detention facilities.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from a Detention section lieutenant.
- Exercises direct supervision over all Detention Service employees.Manage, supervise, and participate in the operation of the Master Control Room and Detention Service Officers within the Booking Unit.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies, procedures, goals, and objectives of assigned functions.
- Enforce policies to maintain security for the Master Control Room.
- Assign, direct, and supervise activities of assigned staff, ensuring adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards; administer or make recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting subordinates including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, assigning work, scheduling work hours, granting leave, appraising performance, disciplining, and submitting such records and reports as required by County policies and procedures.
- Maintain and report problems with all communications equipment; train staff in the proper use of the equipment; make recommendations on purchase of new equipment as needed; resolve any maintenance concerns.
- Maintain and update schedules, post order revisions, training folders, and time sheets.
- Maintain and update computerized key tracking system.
- Establish retention schedule and procedures for logs and tapes; ensure logs and tapes are stored properly.
- Coordinate and participate in the Detention Service Officer FTO Program; approve regular and remedial training as needed.
- Attend periodic Detention Center Supervisor's meetings; bring problems and concerns to other management staff and assist in developing and implementing solutions.
- Conduct monthly unit meetings or as needed.
- Develop and administer written tests to trainees to assess their knowledge of their duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare and maintain records, reports, and related documentation.
- Perform all duties as a Detention Service Specialist as need or required.
- Oversee the CCIC/NCIC systems and processes performed by Detention Services Officers; ensure all procedures and regulations are followed and in compliance.
- Function as a Field Training Officer when needed.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Applicable Sheriff's Office policies, procedures, and precedents pertaining to the Detention Center, Master Control, and Booking.
- Correct English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Operation of standard office equipment including fax machines, copiers, and computers.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Supervise and mentor professional and support staff in a productive and positive manner.
- Work under stress and exercise good judgment in emergency situations.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Understand and carry out verbal and written directions.
- Operate security and communication equipment.
- Ability to understand, carry out, and give both verbal and written directions.
- Assess situations and people.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse population to include inmates, criminal justice agency personnel, other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Two years of experience performing increasingly responsible duties comparable to that of a Detention Service Supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certifications by date of hire.