Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Senior level professional position in the Assessor's Office. Responsible for all functions of the Assessor's office, at the discretion of the Assessor. Supervises the activities of the Commercial, and Residential appraisal departments. Functions as a member of the Assessor's Management Team.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Works under the direct supervision of the Assessor.
- Supervises the activities of the Commercial, and Residential appraisal departments.Assumes duties of Assessor during absence or unavailability of Assessor.
- Represents the Assessor at meetings or other occasions as required.
- Assist the Assessor in the direction and supervision of staff in the discovery, listing, classification, and valuation of all taxable real and personal property.
- Assist the Assessor in preparing and presenting budget requests.
- Supervises the activities of the Commercial, and Residential appraisal departments. Provides direction and feedback to the managers of these divisions to ensure that all work is completed and accurate. Works with the Management Team to develop, update and implement the Assessor's Strategic Plan.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- General knowledge of the ethical guidelines applicable to the position as outlined by professional standards and/or federal, state or local laws, rules and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, practices and techniques used in mass appraising improved property, agricultural property and vacant land for tax purposes, including but not limited to: building and calibrating predictive valuation models.
- Ability to independently reason and logically solve new or unique problems arising from data issues, analytical flaws or calculation errors.
- Ability to accept direction from the Assessor.
- Ability to make key decisions of valuation and to defend such value to property owners, the general public and the Board of Equalization; ability to exercise independent judgment, initiative and fairness in correctly appraising a variety of properties; ability to exercise tact, courtesy and firmness in contract with taxpayers and the general public.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and review the work of the Assessor's Office.
- Ability to work as part of the Assessor's Management Team to ensure proper completion of the Assessor's mission.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
- Five years experience in appraisal or statistical analysis, preferably in an assessor's environment.
- Two years direct management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work preference towards math, computer science, business administration, real estate or statistics.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Certified Residential or Certified General Appraisal license preferred.
- Must by physically able to operate a variety of equipment including computers, calculators, adding machines, facsimile machines, tape measures, cameras, drafting instruments.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Requires the ability to exert up to twenty pounds of force occasionally and up to ten pounds of force frequently.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work.
- Requires the ability to maintain body equilibrium when bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, reaching and/or stretching arms, legs or other parts of the body and to physically maneuver over and/or upon varying terrain, surfaces or structures.