Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Department Specialist I
Performs administrative work in support of the processing functions of the department or division. Performs customer service duties including the receipt and review of forms and applications, research and response to process and program-related questions, and entry and maintenance of related data.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives immediate supervision from management, professional, or administrative supervisor.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Perform customer service duties for the department on a regular basis; interpret County/departmental polices, rules, and regulations in response to inquiries; conduct necessary research; route inquiries appropriately for more complex matters and interpretation issues.
- Accept and process plans, specifications, forms, reports, legal documents, applications, or similar materials in accordance with legal and procedural requirements.
- Receive telephone calls and determine which calls can be handled personally and which should be referred.
- Compose and prepare replies to a variety of communications when information is factual in nature or involves matters of established policies, procedures, or standard practices.
- Enter data into and maintain computer systems or databases; proof data entry and correct errors; run standard reports as required.
- Establish and maintain office filing systems, files, and records. Assemble information upon request; develop and maintain related forms and documents.
- Schedule work orders, service calls, and other activities for departmental employees. Maintain activity and work logs.
- Calculate, collect, and process application, service, filing, and work order fees. Maintain records and may reconcile related accounts.
- Perform secretarial type duties as required including reception, typing, filing, mail processing, and similar type work.
- May assist with training of new hires, temporary workers, and other department/division administrative employees.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Interpret and apply a variety of organizational policies and procedures.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Organize material and present information clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
- Perform typing functions within required words per minute.
- Operation of standard office equipment including fax machines, copiers, and computers.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Accounting calculations including interest, percentage, decimals, and fractions.
- English language, proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Current business letter writing techniques and methods.
- Department and County rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standard operation procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- High School diploma or GED, required, supplemented by additional secretarial or office administration coursework.
- Two years of experience in a directly related clerical or secretarial field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.