Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Creates and interprets statistical data files for the public, Secretary of State, vendors, political parties, candidates, and media. Provides statistical analysis of voting data. Creates the electronic pollbook and coordinates set up connectivity of such. Monitors election day usage of pollbook. Provides election day reports and participates in election night tabulation result reporting.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from the Election Operations Manager.
- Receives general supervision from the Voter Registration Project Lead.
- Exercises direct supervision of temporary election workers, as needed.Administer state and federal election laws to provide a successful election.
- Coordinate with the Business Analyst and Information Technology Department (ITD) representatives all necessary data flow.
- Review, analyze, and explain all election data.
- Participate in State and County election committees, meetings, and trainings as requested to ensure County and department needs are considered and met; advise management staff and elections staff of activities and actions; maintain an awareness of activities in other counties and other states pertaining to election programs.
- Provide voter data, as requested and assigned, to members of the public, political party representatives, party precinct caucuses, candidates, and the media.
- Create all statutory files (lists) electronically for filing with the Secretary of State.
- Transfer, in accordance with statutory deadlines, all electronic files to the Secretary of State.
- Interrogate the election management system for required information.
- Create and electronically transfer vendor files including all mailings, absentee ballot files, and TABOR name and address files.
- Interpret provided statistical information as needed to the public, candidates, political party representatives, and the media.
- Create and distribute lists of Absentee Ballot Requestors, Voters, and Early Voters to candidates and other organizations supporting issues.
- Generate statistical analysis for each election.
- Create voter registration lists, pollbooks, household lists, and street locators to support special district and municipal elections.
- Create the electronic pollbook file for each election; check and balance the data numbers for complete accuracy and reliability by all on election day.
- Assure the correct electronic pollbook is being used, as each election is different.
- Coordinate with the Business Analyst and the ITD department, the transfer and accuracy of the electronic pollbook.
- Participate in the set-up of all Vote Centers and Early Voting sites to assure pollbook connectivity.
- Monitor election day usage of all Vote Center computers including troubleshooting field judges errors and taking corrective action as needed.
- Provide regularly scheduled electronic election day reports to interested parties.
- Participate in election night tabulation result reporting.
- Maintain the in-house provisional ballot computer program.
- Oversee the balancing of voter signature cards to the electronic pollbook file.
- Create the absentee ballot received table data and transfer to the web for public look-up.
- Provide statistical analysis internally for the ordering of ballots, the turnout of voters, and the demographics of voting.
- Process felon lists from Secretary of State for inclusion to voter database.
- Develop user processes for election mailings using the Pitney Bowes printer.
- Perform special studies and projects as assigned and required.
- Provide electronic pollbook information to the statewide voter registration system project group.
- Maintain expertise in all areas of the election management system and the vote tabulation system and the correlation between the two.
- Work in any Clerk and Recorder department when necessary.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to organizations in public administration.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to the Clerk and Recorder.
- Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 1, election laws, and other relevant statutory references to the election process; Secretary of State Rules and regulations as directed by statute; Federal election laws as applicable including, but not limited to, The Help America Vote Act of 2002 and the National Voting Rights Act of 1963.
- Research techniques, sources, and availability of information as well as methods of report presentation.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standard operation procedures.
- Database tables and their relation to the election management system.
- Crystal Reports or comparable software application.
- Computer technology and the relationship of the election management system, the electronic pollbook, the Citrix servers, and the elections department.
- Principles and best practices of elections, project management, public relations, budget analysis, data analysis, and personnel management.
- Routine and complex software and business applications including, but not limited to, voter registration, election management, word processing, spreadsheets, project management, and databases.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Properly interpret and make decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- The elections process is extremely complex and requires accuracy and detailed attention. Stress is most definitely a factor in this position.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives with other agencies and organizations, vendors, and members of the public.
- Five years of programming experience in several programming languages, database analysis, and statistical analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, voter's registration in the State of Colorado and Larimer County.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain in the next two years, Colorado State Election Certification.
- Maintain continuing education hours annually or as required.
- Hardware, software applications, and networking technology.
- Crystal Reports or comparable software application.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Must be able to:
- Stand and/or walk for up to eight hours during quality control tasks.
- Lift ballot boxes and cases weighing up to 30 pounds from floor level to 60 inches above floor level.
- Carry up to 30 pounds from a cart to a vehicle.
- Push and/or pull with up to 25 pounds of force.