Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Performs quality assurance review and coordination on construction projects. Ensures plans and specifications, and contract requirements are satisfied. Coordinates and executes construction administrative tasks and functions. Inputs project management and operations and maintenance data into Computer-Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) system. Coordinates with contractors on component replacement projects.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Reports to the Facilities Project Manager, Facilities Operations Manager, Facilities Planning and Real Estate Group Manager, and/or Director of Facilities Services.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager, Manager, and/or Director responsible for a project and the General Contractor/Construction Manager to assure that the contract documents are complied with and understood.
- Review and inspect construction methods and processes, reporting immediately to the Project Manager, Manager, and/or Director if deviations from contract documents or safety regulations are observed. Take corrective action where appropriate.
- Provide inspections for all projects assigned to ensure project is done in compliance with construction documents and contracts.
- Coordinate and participate in all conferences and meetings regarding the assigned projects.
- Check daily with Project Manager, Manager, and/or Director and advises Director of Facilities of construction of activities and location.
- Perform assigned duties during all phases of construction and component replacements.
- Maintain posted "Record" documents of the project to include all issued addenda, Architect Supplemental Information (ASI), change orders and as-built conditions.
- Maintain complete shop drawing file of all reviewed documentation submitted in conjunction with the project.
- Maintain accounting of "quality control testing" performed by Owner's consultant for verification of monthly billing.
- Performs other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Technology or five years experience in a government agency or private firm doing construction or commercial projects.
- General Contractor license is preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee is required to talk and hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.