County Offices, Courts and the Landfill will be closed on Monday, September 7 in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Civil Engineer I / Exempt
Performs responsible, professional engineering work in the design, investigation and construction of public works projects.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Design, write, and prepare specifications and plans and calculate cost estimates for various engineering projects.
- Enforce County ordinances and appropriate state and federal laws, codes and regulations.
- Perform basic plan checks to ensure consultant and contractor compliance with County specifications.
- Respond to citizen complaints concerning engineering problems.
- Perform engineering calculations.
- Perform field inspections of various engineering projects.
- Analyze materials and design data submitted to the County.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Standard principles and practices of Civil Engineering as applied to public works or civil engineering.
- Basic methods, materials and techniques used in the construction of public works and utilities projects.
- Make moderately complex engineering computations and check, design and prepare engineering plans, studies, profiles and maps.
- Learn County ordinances and appropriate state and federal laws, codes and regulations.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Act as an official representative of the County in a professional manner with local, state, and national agencies and organizations.
- Accomplish the assigned workload in a timely manner and meet established performance standards and objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- No prior experience is required.
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Engineer-Intern Certification Preferred.