Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Coordinates the process of delinquent tax collections and sales for personal property, mobile homes, and/or real property. Coordinates public tax sales. Processes and researches all related legal and required documents.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from an Elected Official's administrative supervisor.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Ensure collection of delinquent taxes of businesses and/or individuals; maintain and process all related documentation, payments, and legal requirements; respond and research questions, complaints, and inquiries from interested parties; maintain related files on each case.
- Travel to business and/or property to post property or seize business related property; handle issues and persons on-site or by telephone or mail; coordinate seizures with property owners, attorneys, landlords, locksmiths, etc; coordinate and attend auction proceedings; act as Treasurer's representative in tax collection cases.
- Coordinate Treasurer's Office annual Tax Lien Sale; train employees on tax sale procedures and duties; coordinate arrangements for site, security, computer systems, advertising and the like; perform processing and customer service duties during the sale; assist managers in providing, distributing and reviewing appropriate tax certificate information to interested public parties.
- Research and prepare advertising lists for delinquent taxes for property, personal property, and mobile homes.
- Assist other interested parties such as the State, Creditors, and Federal agencies in the collection of delinquent taxes; ensure fees are distributed to appropriate parties.
- Research and balance internal accounts related to assigned area.
- Perform complex Treasurer's customer service functions including processing redemptions, reconciling mass payments, and verifying and correcting the tax roll.
- Perform customer service functions such as receiving and processing tax payments and answering taxpayer questions.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Treasurer's Office procedures and processes.
- Standard bookkeeping practices and methods including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and journal entries.
- Routine software and business applications; including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Effectively respond to conflict situations and people in conflict.
- Read and research elected official office records, plats, and maps.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Two years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities within an Elected Official's Office.
- High School diploma or GED supplemented by basic bookkeeping courses.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.