Citizen Info Center Specialist
Provides primary customer service activities and direction to citizens requesting services related to the Citizen Information Center.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general direction from the Customer Service Center Manager.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Greet persons entering the Larimer County Courthouse Offices, determine the nature and purpose of their visit, answer questions, provide information, and direct them to the specific destination.
- Provide general information regarding the functions and hours of the offices and departments within the Courthouse Offices.
- Provide direct support for both internal and external customers which include answering questions, providing information, accepting payments, explaining division policies and procedures, and resolving routine complaints or problems.
- Assist the public in searching for digital on-line information related to recording real estate transactions, property assessment, and miscellaneous documents.
- Perform, process, and verify accuracy of transactions such as deeds, transfer declarations, personal property declarations, legal descriptions, and filing.
- Issue marriage licenses.
- Provide Notary Public and Passport services for customers.
- Operate cash drawer, issues cash receipts, process payments for fees, print reports, and balance cash drawer daily.
- Record, compile, enter, and retrieve information by hand or using a computer.
- Maintain awareness of changes in applicable Federal, State, and County rules and regulations.
- Scan documents and perform data entry.
- Perform Clerk to the Board duties as required; take and transcribe minutes of Board of County Commissioner's and other commissions meetings; perform administrative support for other County Clerk and Recorder divisions.
- May perform oversight or backup duties to Board of Equalization and Liquor Licensing.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Operation of standard office equipment including personal computers, scanners, typewriters, printers, copiers, microfiche/microfilm reader printers, adding machines, calculators, and facsimile machines.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to all customer service functions.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standard operation procedures.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- English language, proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling in verbal and written communication.
- Analyze and interpret federal and state laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to all customer service functions.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Act as an official representative of the County in a professional manner with local and state agencies and organizations.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Perform typing functions within required words per minute.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Two years of increasingly responsible secretarial or staff support experience that demonstrates applicable organization, customer service, and computer skills. Experience working in an Assessor's office, Clerk and Recorder's office or title company preferred.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree coursework in accounting, bookkeeping, or related areas preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.