County Offices, Courts and the Landfill will be closed on Monday, September 7 in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Business Operations Supervisor
Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Ensures that all details of a task are accomplished properly.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- May or may not supervise.
- May supervise support staff.
- Supervision includes hiring, performance management, performance evaluations, establishing performance standards, objective, and goal development.
- Policy and procedure compliance, update, and review.
- Interpretation of internal policy.
- Develop contracts, request for proposals, bid documents, sole source agreements.
- Internal and external correspondence and communication.
- Record management, archiving.
- Department specific database management.
- Personnel contact for Human Resources, process necessary employee documents.
- Office equipment management.
- Meeting coordination.
- Customer service.
- Process payroll documents.
- Assemble budget.
- Vendor purchasing.
- Standardized financial reporting.
- Responsible for AP, GL, and Cash Handling.
- Signature Authority for AP.
- Commercial card management.
- Travel document processing.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Office equipment such as computer, projector, copier, fax, etc.
- Possess all basic and some advanced skills and knowledge of business operations.
- Thorough understanding of the total specified area.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Bachelor's Degree equivalent in Public or Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Three years experience in a directly related field.
- One year of supervisory experience.