Business Intelligence Report Developer
Analyzes, designs, develops, and tests reports for business applications. Performs data analysis, data gathering, writes queries, and creates/supports reports and dashboards for various projects. Support the county enterprise reporting standards and practices.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Provides technical leadership for the design, development, and implementation of Business Objects Web Intelligence/Crystal Reports and universes.
- Plans for, initiates, and manages data projects.
- Performs data analysis, report development and maintenance activities.
- Analyzes source system data to understand the data structure and definitions.
- Interacts with customers as needed to better define and understand requirements and translate business requirements into technical specifications and solutions.
- Performs report testing and review report deliverables with business users. Makes changes as necessary.
- Interacts with other technical team members to establish requirements.
- Performs query and report writing as requested.
- Supports end-users on the data query and reporting tools.
- Runs demonstrations, training sessions, and presentations with an audience of end users with varying technical skills
- Documents designs and processes in a clear and concise manner.
- May perform functions such as production deployments of reports and dashboards, user security, report scheduling, and system troubleshooting.
- Supports and implement County enterprise reporting standards and practices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience developing and maintaining Business Objects universes, Web Intelligence reports, Crystal Reports, and dashboards using the following tools:
- Web Intelligence
- Crystal Reports Designer
- Universe Designer / Information Design Tool
- Query As A Web Service
- Business View Manager
- Open Document
- Knowledge of SAP Business Objects Enterprise 4.0
- User/group/folder permission and security.
- Publishing, setting up and scheduling Crystal reports.
- Publications and email distribution
- Dashboard creation
- Proficient in SQL for Oracle and SQL Server databases and experience using query tools (PLSQL Developer, SSMS, or similar)
- Strong data analysis and report writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in non-technical terms with business unit management and end users for information and reporting delivery solutions.
- Strong knowledge of departmental business application systems and its impact on data analysis and reports.
- Experience supporting application integration using SAP Business Objects SDK.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field is required.
- Three years of report writing experience.
- SEDENTARY - Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Standard Office Environment - Office equipment such as computer, projector, copier, fax etc.