Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Business Intell Developer Analyst
Provides strategic planning and evaluative services for data/data systems needed and/or utilized by the division. Analyzes, designs, develops, and tests reports for business operation/applications using client/server databases. Manages data gathering, queries, and report writing for various projects and procedures documentation and data analysis on request. Support the county business directions related to enterprise reporting standards and practices.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Performs system-wide data planning to identify key business questions and implements new or modifies current systems to provide essential data for decision making.
- Supports division-wide goal planning, working with individual business units, to develop comprehensive performance measures.
- Plans for, initiates, and manages data projects.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine efficacy of programs and areas in need of further evaluation.
- Perform data analysis, report development and maintenance activities.
- Analyze source system data to understand the data structure, definitions, and anomalies.
- Interact with customers as needed to better define and understand requirements.
- Interact with other technical team members to establish requirements.
- Perform query and report writing as requested.
- Support end-users on the data query and reporting tools.
- Document designs and processes in a clear and concise manner.
- May perform functions such as production deployments of reports, packages and cubes, user security, report scheduling, and troubleshooting.
- Work collaboratively on County and Department specific reporting standards and processes
- Support and implement County business directions related to enterprise reporting standards and practices
- Ability to perform unit testing prior to dissemination to customer.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to program in SQL to perform the data query, reporting and data load functions.
- Strong data analysis and report writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in non-technical terms with business unit management and end users for information and reporting delivery solutions.
- Strong knowledge of departmental business application systems and its impact on data analysis and reports.
- Experience in research methods, assessment, and statistical analyses (utilizing statistical software packages such as SPSS, SAS, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field is required.
- Master's Degree (with research & analysis requirement) preferred.
- Three years of report writing experience.
- SEDENTARY - Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Standard Office Environment - Office equipment such as computer, projector, copier, fax etc.