Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Business Analyst II
This is a journey level position within the Business Analyst series. Positions within the Business Analyst (BA) series are responsible for analyzing the present business or organization's practices and processes & find ways to improve on them significantly. A business analyst may also be tasked with finding areas and aspects of a business that need change and development in order to create an overall better output or efficiency for the business. The BA will oversee the changes to the business plan, work process, and other areas that these changes are needed, as well as facilitating and researching ways to get these changes implemented efficiently and effectively. Other responsibilities include analyzing current structures, operations, processes, and procedures and offer solutions for improvement. The BA must know the needs of the business or clients to help identify business problems and propose solutions, to include change management associated with the impacts of business analysis to individuals involved. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, and improves internal processes, methodologies and strategies. Business analysts may overlap into roles such as project manager for individual smaller projects. The BA is also the liaison between the business unit and the Facilities and Information Technology Division.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities of a Business Analyst I in Larimer County:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- May exercise direct or indirect supervision over support staff.
- Receives direct supervision from Management level staff.
- Identify and document end user needs and feasibility.
- Prepare requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations.
- Elicit requirements using various data collection methods, to include: interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, task and work flow analysis.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Evaluate information from multiple sources.
- Build deliverables with business team and revise as necessary based on changing business needs.
- Compare alternative actions and decide/recommend an approach to obtain solutions.
- Review deliverables prepared by business team.
- Develop, create, and execute project work plans.
- Identify resources needed for projects.
- Prepares for periodic project reviews and enforces quality assurance procedures.
In addition to the knowledge, skills, and abilities of a Business Analyst I in Larimer County:
- Ability to gain a clear understanding of the needs of users, customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly document and communicate customer needs in a variety of mediums.
- Skills and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Ability to form a collaborative relationship between the users, customers, stakeholders, and the technical team.
- Ability to accommodate changes in requirements as they are progressively elaborated.
- Knowledge of system development, cost savings, schedule management, and customer satisfaction measures.
- Knowledge of practices and principles of business analysis, business process improvement and project coordination.
- Working knowledge of cross departmental/divisional business processes.
- Knowledge of project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Advanced skills in active listening skills.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree or equivalent business experience.
- Four to eight years experience. May require lead work and/or limited supervisory experience.
- Standard Office Environment
- Office equipment such as computer, typewriter, projector, copier, fax etc.