Business Analyst I
This is an entry level position with the Business Analyst series. Positions within the Business Analyst (BA) series are responsible for analyzing the present business or organization's practices and processes & find ways to improve on them significantly. A business analyst may be tasked with finding areas and aspects of a business that need change and development in order to create an overall better output or efficiency for the business. The BA will oversee the changes to the business plan, work process, and other areas that these changes are needed, as well as facilitating and researching ways to get these changes implemented efficiently and effectively. Other responsibilities include analyzing current structures, operations, processes, and procedures and offer solutions for improvement. The BA must know the needs of the business or clients to help identify business problems and propose solutions, to include change management associated with the impacts of business analysis to individuals involved. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, and improves internal processes, methodologies and strategies. The BA is also the liaison between the business unit and the Facilities and Information Technology Division.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Exercises no direct supervision.
- Receives direct supervision from Management level staff.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Understand business direction, structure, operations, and requirements.
- Analyze and identify scope for the area of analysis.
- Select the appropriate elicitation technique to efficiently identify critical requirements.
- Document and analyze required information and data.
- Identify potential people-side risks.
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers.
- Compare alternative actions and recommend an approach to obtain solutions.
- Liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- Create and execute work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements within their scope of work.
- Ability to represent the needs of users, customers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify potential areas of improvement within the business.
- Skills and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Ability to bridge the communication gap between the business and technical teams.
- Working knowledge of systems analysis and requirements gathering.
- Working knowledge of business analysis and process improvement.
- Ability to follow project management methodology and practices.
- Knowledge of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Basic level in active listening skills.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree or equivalent business experience.
- No experience required. Preference will be given to applicants with 1-4 years of experience.
- Standard Office Environment
- Office equipment such as computer, typewriter, projector, copier, fax etc.