Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Assessment Support Manager
Supervises as well as coordinates administrative functions within the Assessor's Office and coordinates activities with other County divisions. Trains/evaluates staff and directs daily operations in the Administration Section of the Assessor's Office.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general guidance from the Chief Deputy Assessor.
- Exercises direct supervision over supervisors and subordinate employees of the Administration Section of Assessor's Office.
- Plan, review, and direct staff involved in various assessment functions.
- Coordinate implementation of existing and new processes of maintaining and retrieving data that affects assessments including changes to the Colorado Revised Statutes.
- Certify assessed values to taxing authorities and County.
- Collect information and work with budget office on mill levies for tax roll preparation.
- Assist in preparation of assessment abstract to be used by the state, brokerage firms, and other County departments.
- Serve as authority to the public and staff on information pertaining to Senior Property Tax Exemption, tax exemption with the Division of Property Taxation, and tax abatement processes.
- Verify compliance with all statutory issues and deadlines.
- Oversee processing of property transfers, appraisal information, and records retention.
- Ensure all reporting procedures meet the timelines and standards of the Division of Property Taxation and stay in compliance with Colorado Revised Statutes.
- Assist purchasing department with bid requests and purchasing supplies as needed.
- Conduct interviews and make recommendations for hiring new full-time and temporary employees, performing job training as needed.
- Exercise full intra-county signature authority and responsibility.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Colorado Revised Statutes pertaining to taxation.
- Assessor's administrative requirements and Assessment Calendar.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to appraisal activities and assessments in the Assessor's Office.
- Scope and application of assessment laws and regulations as they pertain to taxation, accounting, and records management.
- Functions of other departments within government entities.
- Standard software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Supervisory principles, procedures, and methods including selection, training, discipline, and evaluation.
- Analyze information and calculate assessment rates and taxes.
- Work with other governmental and private agencies.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Act as an official representative of the County in a professional manner with local, state, and national agencies and organizations.
- Organize material and present information clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
- Accomplish the assigned work within established timelines.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Maintain continuing education hours annually or as required.
- High School diploma or GED required supplemented by courses related to assessment and/or appraisals.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Three years of increasingly responsible and varied experience associated with administrative and support functions within the Assessor's Office.