Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Technical leader primarily responsible for new application design projects. Works with product owners, project managers, subject manager experts and end-users to conceptualize a new application project, recommend technologies, and strategies, and may develop initial estimates for the project.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Provides technical leadership to the application developer and database administrator teams.
- Designs key aspects of the architecture of an application, including user interface, middleware and infrastructure.
- Evaluates business requirements and translates business requirements. into specific database solutions.
- Creates data models, database architecture and data repository design.
- Provides leadership in establishing data standards.
- Creates and tests database prototypes.
- Assists technical staff to resolve technical issues during a project.
- Directs the implementation by evaluating, testing and modifying the application until the functionality meets business requirements and goals.
- Works with technical teams and end-users to ensure the application functions appropriately.
- Supports and assists in the development of the application.
- Responsible for complex tasks such as systems, database and back-end development.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of data systems and database methodology, design and modeling.
- Working knowledge of network management, distributed databases and processing, application architecture, and performance management.
- Experience with relevant development tools and specific application and system architecture.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with a broad range of information technologies including multi-tiered client-server computing environments, business requirements modeling techniques, web technologies, imaging, operating systems, application programming interfaces, relational database systems, and software development tools.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with advanced programming techniques, programming languages, and server operating systems used by the County.
- Thorough knowledge of Oracle database management techniques, tools, and accepted database management processes.
- Considerable to thorough knowledge of Microsoft SQL-Server database management techniques, tools, and accepted database management processes.
- Considerable to thorough knowledge of IT development and support procedures, methods, and practices.
- Considerable to thorough knowledge and experience with current information systems and software development models including Structured Analysis, Prototyping and Rapid Application Development.
- Considerable knowledge using the systems development life cycle to document and implement small or large projects.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with the principles and technologies of business systems analysis and design.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in requirements gathering techniques and tools (use case, flow charts, and business process flow diagrams).
- Considerable knowledge and experience in data modeling techniques,
- Considerable knowledge and experience with project management methods and techniques including work breakdown structure, estimating, scheduling, resource balancing, and the use of common project management software tools.
- Utilize a high level of analytical and creative skills.
- Utilize a high level of technical expertise.
- Successfully plans and implement projects.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Work successfully on teams.
- Demonstrate analytical and creative skills.
- Manage time to successfully complete projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Demonstrate a high level of coordination skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field is required.
- Over 5 years of progressive responsibility with Database Administration and Application Architecture.
- Over 6 years experience in developing large and/or complex information systems using development tools used at Larimer County.
- Familiarity with advanced features and commands of existing operating system job control products and or language is required.