LEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance)
(Low Income Energy Assistance Program) can help with heating costs if:
- You or any household member is a permanent legal resident of the USA and of Colorado.
- You pay a heat bill or your heat is included in your rent.
- You have a gross monthly income below the established program income limits
How to Apply
Submit your LEAP application November 1 through April 30. If your household meets the eligibility criteria when you apply, you will receive a full LEAP benefit. To request an application, or for additional information, please call toll free (866) HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435) or (970) 498-7730, or send an email.
How to get an application
Applications are readily available. You may use any of the four choices to obtain an application:
- Call toll free (866) 432-8435 or (970) 498-7730 and request an application be mailed to you.
- Pick up an application at your local Department of Human Services, utility company, or public library.
- Download an application from the State of Colorado LEAP website
- Send a request to LEAP by e-mail and an application will be e-mailed to you.
Filling out the application
- Send Photocopies of Verification.
- Do not send original documents. They may not be returned to you.
- A photocopier is available for you to make appropriate copies at Department of Human Services.
- Review the checklist provided with the application and submit copies of your verification.
- Sign your application.
- If the application is not signed, it will be returned to you.
How to submit an application
Applications can be submitted from November 1 thorugh April 30. You may use any of the four choices to submit an application:
- Submit an application at your local Department of Human Services
- E-mail application to LEAP at email@example.com
- Fax an application to (970) 498-7725
- Mail an application to:
1501 Blue Spruce Dr. Fort Collins, CO 80524
Other Assistance for Heating Costs
Longs Peak Energy Conservation of Boulder County (LPEC) offers free home energy conservation retrofits (weatherization services) to residents of Larimer County. LPEC also provides REACH program weatherization services to residents of the City of Ft. Collins.