The Larimer County Virtual Courthouse website may be unavailable during maintenance on Wednesday, June 3 from 6 - 8 p.m. MST.
Solid and Hazardous Waste
To prevent adverse health impacts and environmental damage associated with the storage, disposal and accidental spills of hazardous or non-hazardous materials.
- Perform routine inspections of licensed landfills and transfer stations
- Investigate sites reported to have illegal dumps
- Assist property owners and businesses in properly remediating contaminated sites
- Educate the general public on the proper handling, storage, transportation, and disposal of solid or hazardous waste according to applicable rules and regulations
- Provide consultation at hazardous and non-hazardous material spills that may pose a threat to health or the environment
- Provide information on potential environmental impacts of hazardous material spills including underground tank failures and accidental releases from vehicles
Related Internet Sites
Solid Wastes and Recycling:
Underground Storage Tank Leaks/Contamination: