County Offices, Courts and Landfill will be closed on Monday, July 4 for the Independence Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
To provide rapid and effective response to identified communicable disease
outbreaks using a multi-disciplinary team of public health professionals.
- Isolation of patients and immunization (when possible) of contacts of vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Day Care and Institutional investigations of illnesses spread by fecal-oral transmission (Salmonella, Shigella, Campylobacter, Giardia, Hepatitis A, etc.), parent/staff education, and implementation of sanitary measures.
- Hepatitis A case investigations and provision of immune globulin to prevent further cases.
- Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C consultation and referral (direct testing is not provided by the Health Department)
- Investigation of food borne outbreaks from commercial food establishments and other types of institutional outbreaks
- Provision of preventive antibiotics to close contacts in cases of Meningococcal or Haemophilus Type B (Hib) Meningitis
- Posting of warning signs in areas of prairie-dog and other animal die-offs due to plague.
- Press releases to inform public of preventable disease outbreaks in the community.
- Quarantine through the Humane Society of dogs and cats involved in animal bites if pet is unvaccinated.
Related Internet Sites