> Departments > Engineering > Capital Projects > Project Summary

FISH CREEK ROAD TO BE REBUILT

Project Number 9339
County Road 63 (Fish Creek Road) Flood Repair

Last Updated: April 21, 2014

SCOPE OF WORK

Fish Creek Road (County Road 63) within Larimer County Limits and with limits of the Town of Estes Park was constructed as an emergency access after the September 2013 flood is to be rebuilt to provide a more flood resilient, smarter and safer roadway. The reconstruction will extend approximately 4.5 miles from Highway 36 to Highway 7. The improvements include numerous utility/public infrastructure repairs including but not limited to:


  • New roadway segments to replace missing sections, matching the original roadway and closely following the emergency road alignment is proposed;

  • Larger culverts will be placed at intersections to stream crossings and extensive riprap placed along the streamside road embankment;

  • Relocation and replacement of portions of the Upper Thompson Sanitary Sewer System;

  • Relocation and replacement of portions of the Town of Estes Park Water System; and

  • Construction, relocation and replacement of damaged sections of the pedestrian/bicycle Trail system.

FHWA and FEMA together will provide approximately 80% of the funding for the project while the state Office of Emergency Management along with the various entities (Larimer County/Town of Estes Park/Upper Thompson Sanitation District/Estes Valley Recreation & Parks District) will provide the remaining 20%.

Project Budget: $15,000,000


PROJECT STATUS

Design of the ultimate improvements began in the Spring of 2014. Construction will be done in two phases with utility relocation/replacement work to begin in the Fall of 2014 and roadway, trail and intersection work to occur throughout 2015.


ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Updated and more extensive project specific information, project mapping, contact information and schedule can be found at fishcreekcorridorrepair.com

CONTACT

Kyle Arend, Project Manager
(970) 498-5734
Send e-mail



Engineering Home Previous Page