County Offices, Courts, and the Landfill will all be closed on Monday, May 30, 2016 for the Memorial Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
Development Construction Permit
What is it?
Larimer County Engineering Department has a Development Construction Permit (DCP) to help make sure that development infrastructure gets constructed according to approved plans and meets Larimer County design standards and specifications. A DCP is required in order to coordinate the construction process of development related improvements in Larimer County and assure adequate completion of all improvements required to serve the project. The permit is also used to administer the warranty period and eventual release of warranty collateral. The permit is typically filled out and submitted during the DCP coordination meeting.
Who needs one?
A Development Construction permit (DCP) is required prior to the commencement of any improvements associated with an approved project, except Rural Land Plans ("Section 12.5 of the Larimer County Land Use Code). The permit is required to construct both public and private infrastructure improvements that are a result of the Land Use Application review and approval process. Typical Land Use Application Reviews include land divisions (Conservation Developments, Planned Land Divisions, Subdivisions, etc.), commercial developments (Site Plans), rezoning requests, and proposed public projects.
When will it be issued?
The Larimer County Engineering Department will issue a Development Construction Permit after all of the following steps have occurred:
- The development has completed the appropriate land use application review and approval process. This means that the Board of County Commissioners has approved and signed the final plat/plans for land divisions or county staff has signed off on the final plans and reports for commercial developments (site plans).
- The Plat has been recorded with the Larimer County Clerk & Recorder.
- The Engineering Department has signed the construction plans.
- The Development Agreement, if required, has been executed.
- The construction collateral (typically 115% of the total costs) has been retained.
In addition to the above steps, a Development Construction Coordination Meeting is required for all projects prior to Development Construction Permit issuance. The meeting is scheduled by the County Engineering Staff and it is typically held in the County Engineering offices. The following people are typically required to attend this meeting:
What happens after the permit is issued?
- Developer and/or Project Manager
- Professional Engineer certifying the site and storm drainage improvements
- Professional Engineer performing and certifying the quality control materials testing
- General Contractor and key Sub-Contractor(s)
- Work must begin within 60 days of permit issuance.
- During construction, the project will be inspected by both the applicant's hired professional engineers and the County Engineering inspector. The applicant's hired professional engineers must review all aspects of the work, including the material testing results. The Development Construction Inspection and Notification Matrix is a guide outlining the material testing results that need to be reviewed by the County inspector and the critical work items that need to be inspected by the County inspector.
- Work must be completed by the completion date listed in the Project Development Agreement.
- Once all construction work items are complete and all other obligations of the development have been met, the project is eligible to enter the 2-year warranty period. During the 2-year warranty period the developer is solely responsible to maintain, repair, and replace any and all improvements in the development.
- At the end of the 2-year warranty period the County will reinspect the project improvements. The developer is solely responsible for maintenance, repairs and replacements of any deficiencies that are found. Once all deficiencies have been resolved, the development construction permit will be closed.