Running for School District Director
For information about running for School Board office, please contact the secretary to the board for your school district. You may also reference the Candidates Guide published by the Colorado Association of School Boards.
|Poudre School District, R1||(970) 490-3607|
|Thompson School District, R2-J||(970) 613-5000|
|Park School District, R3||(970) 586-2361|
|St. Vrain Valley School District, RE-1J||(303) 776-6200|
|Weld School District, RE-5J||(970) 587-6050|
|Aims Community College||(970) 339-6211|
Refer to the following Colorado Revised Statutes, available at www.michie.com/colorado:
- Title 1, Article 4, Parts 8 and 9
- Title 22, Article 31
- Shall have been a registered elector of the district for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the election.
- Shall not have been convicted of commission of a sexual offense against a child.
Running for Office
- Obtain a nomination petition. Contact your school district at the number listed above to find out where and when petitions are available. A notice regarding petitions is also published by the designated election official between 75 and 90 days prior to the election.
- File a written notice of intention together with a nomination petition with the secretary to the board of education of your school district (due no later than 67 days before the election).