Index: Crime & Safety
Crime & Safety - Public Safety
- Between 2001 and 2010, alcohol-related traffic fatalities in Larimer County have fluctuated with the peak occurring in 2001. In eight of the past ten years, Larimer County has met or exceeded the Healthy People 2010 target objective of 4.0 alcohol-related traffic fatalities per 100,000 population. (Alcohol-Related Traffic Fatalities)
- Within Larimer County, Estes Park Police Departmentís law enforcement officers to population ratio (2.92 per 1,000 population) was the highest in the County. The remaining County law enforcement agencies had comparable officer/resident ratios, averaging 1.37 law enforcement officers per 1,000 residents. (Law Enforcement Coverage)
- Loveland and Fort Collins citizens believe their communities are relatively safe places to live. (Perceived Levels of Safety)
- Indicators of School Crime and Safety, 2011 - A joint effort by the Bureau of Justice Statistics and National Center for Education Statistics, this annual report examines crime occurring in school as well as on the way to and from school. Data are presented from the perspectives of students, teachers, principals, and the general population.
- Third Needs Assessment of the U.S. Fire Service [pdf] (June 2011) - Conducted by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), this study's purpose was to identify major gaps in the needs of U.S. fire protection agencies.
- Loveland Police Department Annual Report
- Loveland Police Department Public Safety Survey
- Larimer County Citizen Survey
- Poudre Fire Authority Annual Reports
- Colorado State University Safety Reports & Plans
Related issues within COMPASS:
- Berthoud Police Department
- City of Loveland Fire and Rescue Department
- Colorado Department of Public Safety
- Colorado State University Police
- Eighth Judicial District Court
- Estes Park Police Department
- Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) - a web-based encyclopedia with statistics on fatal crashes and traffic safety information.
- Fort Collins Police Department
- Larimer County Sheriff
- Loveland Police Department
- National Center for Statistics and Analysis - NCSA is made up of three divisions, State Data Reporting Systems, Crash Investigation, and Mathematical Analysis, which are responsible for providing a wide range of analytical and statistical support to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- National Fire Protection Association offers a variety of statistical reports related to fires.
- Poudre Fire Authority