Larimer County Offices, Courts, and Landfill are all closed on Monday, Sept. 5, 2016 for the Labor Day Holiday. Critical services at Larimer County are not interrupted by closures.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
2008 Adopted Budget - $289,490,146
The Adopted 2008 Larimer County budget was prepared in compliance with state statute, generally accepted budgeting principles, funding agency requirements, and the budget priorities and directions of the Board of County Commissioners. Major objectives for the budget process for this year were as follows:
- Prioritize Funding for Services-As guidance to the County Manager for preparing the 2008 budget, the Board reviewed all services and prioritized them with respect to receiving discretionary funding increases. Services were evaluated based in the following criteria:
- Service promotes the Strategic Plan, Work plan or BOCC Priority
- Service promotes Partnerships & Collaboration
- Service promotes Desired Results
- Service promotes Prevention or Problem Avoidance
- Public Perception of importance of the Service
- Board believes the Service Level Needs Emphasis
- Maintain adequate fund balances in major operating funds.
- Addresses priorities identified in Commissioners Work Plan.
- Maintain employee compensation at the 50th percentile of similar organizations in our market area.
- Protect adequate fund balance for future county operations in non-appraisal cycles.
Need Adobe Acrobat to read these pdf documents? Download Acrobat.