LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Wednesday, July 20, 2015/6:30 P.M./Commissioners' Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE COUNTY LAND USE CODE
D. PUBLIC COMMENT REGARDING OTHER RELEVANT LAND USE MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE JUNE 15, 2016 MEETING.
F. AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA
G. TABLED ITEM:
FLOODPLAIN CODE REVISIONS – TABLED TO AUGUST 17, 2016
Staff Contact: Eric Tracy
H. CONSENT ITEM: *Will not be discussed unless requested by Commissioners or members of the audience.
*1. REALITIES FOR CHILDREN SPECIAL EXCEPTION 16-Z2006
Staff Contact: Michael Whitley
Request: Special Exception approval to allow the headquarters of a non-profit organization to be located in the FA – Farming zoning district
Location: Section 24, Township 06, Range 69; 308 E. County Road 30, Fort Collins; located north of E. County Road 30 approximately 750 feet east of the intersection of E. County Road 30 and Highway 287
Applicant: Craig Secher, Realities for Children Charities, 1610 S. College Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80525
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners approval of the Realities for Children Special Exception, File #16-Z2006, subject to the following conditions:
1. This Special Exception approval shall automatically expire without a public hearing if the use is not commenced within three years of the date of approval.
2. The Site shall be developed consistent with the approved plan and with the information contained in the Realities for Children Special Exception, File #16-Z2006 except as modified by the conditions of approval or agreement of the County and applicant. The applicant shall be subject to all other verbal or written representations and commitments of record for the Realities for Children Special Exception.
3. Prior to commencing operations, the applicants shall provide the Loveland Rural Fire Protection District a stamped letter from a licensed civil engineer stating that the current driveway/road meets the requirements as an all-weather surface capable of supporting 40 tons minimum.
4. Failure to comply with any conditions of the Special Exception approval may result in reconsideration of the use and possible revocation of the approval by the Board of Commissioners.
5. This application is approved without the requirement for a Development Agreement.
6. In the event the applicant fails to comply with any conditions of approval or otherwise fails to use the property consistent with the approved Special Exception, applicant agrees that in addition to all other remedies available to County, County may withhold building permits, issue a written notice to applicant to appear and show cause why the Special Exception approval should not be revoked, and/or bring a court action for enforcement of the terms of the Special Review. All remedies are cumulative and the County’s election to use one shall not preclude use of another. In the event County must retain legal counsel and/or pursue a court action to enforce the terms of this Special Exception approval, applicant agrees to pay all expenses incurred by County including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees.
7. County may conduct periodic inspections to the property and reviews of the status of the Special Exception as appropriate to monitor and enforce the terms of the Special Exception approval.
8. The Findings and Resolution shall be a servitude running with the Property. Those owners of the Property or any portion of the Property who obtain title subsequent to the date of recording of the Findings and Resolution, their heirs, successors, assigns or transferees, and persons holding under applicants shall comply with the terms and conditions of the Special Exception approval.
2. AMENDMENTS TO THE LARIMER COUNTY LAND USE CODE #16-CODE0200
Staff Contact: Matt Lafferty
Request: Amendments to the Larimer County Land Use Code to make modifications by:
1. Adding the use description “Dwelling, vacation rental” as Section 4.3.6.E and renumbering the balance of the Section,
2. Adding to the zoning table in Section 4.1 under the category of Accommodations “Dwelling, vacation rental” as a use allowed by Minor Special Review (MS) or Site Plan Review (SP), and
3. Adding “Dwelling, vacation rental” by Minor Special Review (MS) to the list of allowed uses under the accommodations section of the Zoning Districts RE - Rural Estate, FO - Forestry, FO-1- Forestry, A - Accommodations, T - Tourist, O - Open, or by Site Plan Review (SP) in the zoning districts B - Business and RFLB - Red Feather Lakes.
Applicant: Larimer County
Development Services Team Recommendation: Community Development Staff recommends that the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners approval of the proposed amendments to the Larimer County Land Use Code, file #16-CODE0200.
J. REPORT FROM STAFF
NEXT MEETINGS: Wednesday, August 10, 2016: BCC/Planning Commission worksession
Wednesday, August 17, 2016: Planning Commission hearing