LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Wednesday, August 20, 2014/6:30 P.M./Commissioners' Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE COUNTY LAND USE CODE
D. PUBLIC COMMENT REGARDING OTHER RELEVANT LAND USE MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE JULY 16, 2014 MEETING.
F. AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA
G. TABLED ITEM - TO SEPTEMBER 17, 2014:
MOUNTAIN WHITEWATER DESCENTS SPECIAL REVIEW #14-Z1926
H. CONSENT ITEMS: *Will not be discussed unless requested by Commissioners or members of the audience.
*1. WILLOWBROOK RURAL LAND USE PLAN REZONING #14-Z1940
Staff Contact: Brenda Gimeson
Request: Approval to rezone property in the Willowbrook Ranch RLUP from O-Open to the RE-Rural Estate zoning district.
Location: Section 16, Township 8 North, Range 69 West of the 6th P.M., Larimer County, Colorado, generally located northeast of LaPorte and northwest of Fort Collins off of County Road 19 and County Road 56 at Curtis Lake Lane
Applicant: Steve Sivon and Brittany Palmer, 11420 N County Road 17, Fort Collins, CO 80524
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners Approval of the Willowbrook Ranch RLUP, file# 14-Z1940 , request to rezone the property from O-Open to RE-Rural Estate, subject to the following condition:
1. The rezoning will not be in effect until the final plat of the Willowbrook RLUP has been approved and recorded.
2. FREEDOM ACRES SUBDIVISION #14-S3230
Staff Contact: Michael Whitley
Request: Approval of a subdivision of a 19.18-acre parcel into four single-family residential lots ranging in size from 3.45 acres to 4.95 acres and one 1.04-acre outlot. The request includes an appeal to Section 8.14.1.R of the Land Use Code to not provide street connectivity to adjacent properties
Location: Section 32, Township 5 North, Range 69 West of the 6th P.M.; Located north of County Road 14 approximately 800 feet west of County Road 21.
Applicant: Christine & Rick Hiatt, 829 Live Oak Court, Berthoud, CO 80513
Development Services Team Recommendation:
A. The Development Services Team recommends the Lairmer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners approval of the Freedom Acres Subdivision, File #14-S3230, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Final Plat shall be consistent with the approved preliminary plan and with the information contained in the Freedom Acres Subdivision, File #14-S3230 except as modified by the conditions of approval or agreement of the County and applicant. The applicant shall be subject to all other verbal or written representations and commitments of record for the Freedom Acres Subdivision.
2. The following fees shall be collected at building permit issuance for new single family dwellings: Thompson R-2J school fee, Larimer County fees for County and Regional Transportation Capital Expansion and Larimer County Regional Park Fees (in lieu of dedication). The fee amount that is current at the time of building permit application shall apply.
3. Fire protection issues and fire sprinker system requirements shall be finalized as a part of the Final Plat process.
4. All habitable structures will require an engineered foundation system. Such engineered foundation system designs shall be based upon a site specific soils investigation. The lowest habitable floor level (basement) shall not be less than 3 feet from the seasonal high water table. Mechanical methods proposed to reduce the ground water level, unless it is a response after construction, must be proposed on a development wide basis.
5. Passive radon mitigation measures shall be included in construction of residential structures on these lots. The results of a radon detection test conducted in new dwellings once the structure is enclosed but prior to issuance of a certificate of occupancy shall be submitted to the Building Department. As an alternative, a builder may present a prepaid receipt from a radon tester which specifies that a test will be done within 30 days. A permanent certificate of occupancy can be issued when the prepaid receipt is submitted.
B. The Development Services Team recommends the Lairmer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners approval of the appeal to Section 8.14.1.R of the Larimer County Land Use Code to not require connectivity to the east and north conditioned upon connectivity being provided to the west.
J. REPORT FROM STAFF
NEXT MEETINGS: Wednesday, September 10, 2014: BCC/Planning Commission worksession
Wednesday, September 17, 2014: Planning Commission hearing