Larimer County Offices, Courts, and Landfill are all closed on Monday, Sept. 5, 2016 for the Labor Day Holiday. Critical services at Larimer County are not interrupted by closures. Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Minutes of December 21, 2011
The Larimer County Planning Commission met in a regular session on Wednesday, December 21, 2011, at 6:30 p.m. in the Hearing Room. Commissioners’ Cox, Dougherty, Hart, Jensen, Miller, and Wallace were present. Commissioner Glick presided as Chairman. Commissioners’ Gerrard and Zitti were absent. Also present were Matt Lafferty, Principle Planner and Jill Wilson, Planning Technician and Recording Secretary.
COMMENTS BY THE PUBLIC REGARDING THE COUNTY LAND USE CODE:
COMMENTS BY THE PUBLIC REGARDING OTHER RELEVANT LAND USE MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE NOVEMBER 16, 2011 MEETINGS: MOTION by Commissioner Hart approve the minutes, seconded by Commissioner Cox. This received unanimous voice approval.
AMENDMENTS TO THE AGENDA:
ITEM #1 AMENDMENTS TO THE LARIMER COUNTY LAND USE CODE - HOUSEKEEPING #11-CA0120: Mr. Lafferty provided background information on the request to amend the Larimer County Land Use Code to make several housekeeping changes to Sections 4.9.6.A.5. Maximum Structure Height, 4.3.10.I.2.j Extended Family Dwelling, 4.3.7 Special Exceptions, 0.1 Definitions, Section 4.1 Zoning Districts E, E-1, RE, RE-1, R, R-1, R-2, M, M-1, A, T, B, C, AP and RFLB, the zoning table in Section 4, and Sections 10.2 & 10.15 Signs.
Commissioner Hart mentioned that with the amendments oil and gas drilling and extraction would be a use by right. He confirmed that the State controlled that use.
Mr. Lafferty explained that permitting was done through the State, and the County had no authority over it. The local government could only regulate access and aesthetics; therefore, the use was not currently regulated by the local government.
Commissioner Cox moved that the Planning Commission adopt the following Resolution:
BE IT RESOLVED that the Planning Commission recommend to the Larimer County Board of Commissioners approval of the Amendments to the Larimer County Land Use Code, file #11-CA0120, as outlined below:
1. Modify Section 4.9.6. Maximum structure height as follows:
5. The maximum height limitations in Section 4.1 of this code do not apply to
radio and television transmitters, accessory wind generators approved by public
minor special review, and/or small wind energy
2. Modify section 4.3.10.I.2.f. (Extended Family Dwelling) to read:
f. A simplified site plan will be required as part of the application.
3. Renumber the Section 4.3.7. Review Criteria (for Special Exceptions) to reflect criteria A. through G.
4. Change the definition of “Stream, creek and river” to read:
creek and river. Any
water course having a source and terminus, banks and channel through which water
flows and is identified on a 7.5 minute quadrangle map prepared by the United
Society Survey as a perennial or intermittent
5. Add “Oil and gas drilling and production” as a use by right (R) in all zoning districts, under the “Industrial” use classification:
4.1.5. E-Estate, 4.1.6. E-1 Estate, 4.1.8. RE-Rural Estate, 4.1.9 RE-1 Rural Estate, 4.1.10 R-Residential, 4.1.11 R-1 Residential, 4.1.12 R-2 Residential, 4.1.13 M Multiple Family, 4.1.14 M-1 Multiple Family, 4.1.15 A Accommodations, 4.1.16 T Tourist, 4.1.17 B-Business, 4.1.18 C-Commercial, and 4.1.23 RFLB-Red Feather Lakes Business.
6. Add the “Industrial Use” classification to each of these zoning districts as needed.
7. List “Oil and gas drilling and production” as a use by right “R” under these same zoning districts in the Zoning Table.
8. Add the “General Commercial” use to the 4.1.21 AP-Airport zoning district as follows:
25. General commercial (S)
28. Outdoor display and sales (S)
9. Renumber the balance of the use section.
10. Include in the zoning table General Commercial and Outdoor display and sales as uses listed by Special Review “S” under the AP zoning district.
11. Modify Signs Section 10.2 and Section 10.15 as follows:
10.2. General sign regulations.
regulations of this section 10.0 shall apply to all signs in all zoning
districts including signs not requiring a sign permit, except for
government signs, address numerals, street name signs, and bus stop signs.
Government sign. A
sign erected and maintained by or on behalf of the United States, the state, or
a county or city for the purpose of regulating traffic or for civic
Commissioner Dougherty seconded the Motion.
Commissioners’ Cox, Dougherty, Hart, Jensen, Miller, Wallace, and Chairman Glick voted in favor of the Motion.
MOTION PASSED: 7-0
REPORT FROM STAFF: Mr. Lafferty reminded the Commission of their upcoming meetings.
ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the hearing adjourned at 6:45 p.m.
These minutes constitute the Resolution of the Larimer County Planning Commission for the recommendations contained herein which are hereby certified to the Larimer County Board of Commissioners.
Scott Glick, Chairman Nancy Wallace, Secretary