County Offices, Courts, and the Landfill will all be closed on Monday, May 30, 2016 for the Memorial Day Holiday. Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
LIFE Board Meeting 10:30 – 11:30 AM
Boyd Lake Room, Larimer County Court House
August 2, 2012
In attendance: Denise Suniga, Emily Brown, Laurie Klith, Eric Moskalski, Paul Christenson, Tim Caffrey, Jerri Howe, Kristin Mooney, Deb Bowen
Introductions were made around the table. A new member was welcomed to the LIFE Board – Eric Moskalski.
Minutes of the May 3, 2012 LIFE Board meeting were approved.
Members of the LIFE Board are invited to attend the monthly Family Consumer Council meetings held on the 4th Wednesday of the month. Locations switch between Fort Collins and Loveland at different community locations.
Community Life Center:
· The Family Consumer Council (FCC) was organized under the Differential Response Grant about two years ago to promote community engagement and establish a Community Life Center (CLC).
· The FCC has several task forces that meet to help organize the CLC.
· Jerri Howe of the Matthews House is the organizer of the Matthews House Community Life Center. The CLC is located at the Fullana Learning Center at 220 North Grant Ave. in Fort Collins. The CLC works in collaboration with The Matthews House, Poudre School District, Larimer County Dept. of Human Services and House of Neighborly Service in Loveland, where we hope to have another CLC.
· Jerri Howe reported that by October 1st the CLC hopes to be open Monday – Saturday 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM and 1:00 – 6:00 PM on Sundays offering many different services, including an open gym. Some of the services available:
o Larimer County Peak System (Public Assistance Programs)
o Open gym
o Classes for parents and children/youth with child care available
o Non-profit agencies will have services available
o Computer access
o Training rooms
· Tim Caffrey reported on the two shows he produced for the CLC that aired on Public Access television and also on YouTube.
· Some other areas that are being worked on for the CLC are: Transportation – headed by Rich Guest of the FCC, Resource Development and Volunteer Engagement.
· Denise Suniga reported on the 2012-2013 CORE Allocation for Larimer County - $1,920,922 – increased this year by $268,000.
· The CORE Services Plan is due to the State by the end of August.
Discuss Gaps in Services/Brainstorm New Services:
· Coaching services is a Larimer County designed program and is keeping families connected with the community by increasing family engagement. This is a successful flexible program which is part of the services evaluated by CSU annually of our CORE Services outcomes. Some of the additional $268,000 from our allocation was distributed to Coaching.
· Failure to thrive for children was identified as a gap in our services. Larimer County Department of Human Services will partner with the Health Department to hire a nurse for the Children, Youth and Family Division to help our families.
· Laurie Klith of the Center for Family Outreach offers a Strengthening Families program for parents with teenagers between the ages of 13-15.
· Paul Christenson of Turning Point discussed the gap of providing crisis intervention for those youth in the school district at risk of entering into the system since funding from a crisis intervention grant will end soon. Denise Suniga suggested he contact Darcie Votipka at Poudre School District to see if she could be of any help with bringing the service/program idea to LCIOG.
· At this time the CORE Services plan does not allow for preventative services unless a case is open with the Department of Human Services. There may be a new area (PA3) that may allow for preventative services in CORE Services under HB11-1196. We need clarification for a prevention plan – Denise will keep us informed on this. Laurie and Paul’s ideas for services are considered preventative services and are not under the CORE Services plan.
· Elementary age kids and truancy were also identified as a gap in services.
· If anyone has ideas about new services please let Denise know by email. firstname.lastname@example.org
CORE Commission Report
· The CORE Commission report which evaluates how programs help us meet our outcomes is in draft stage. We will distribute the final report once it is available.
November LIFE Board Meeting
· The LIFE Board Meeting planned for November 1st has been moved to November 8th.
Ø November 8, 2012
10:30 – 11:30 AM
Larimer County Court House
Lake Estes Room, 3rd Floor
200 West Oak Street
Fort Collins, CO 80521