LARIMER COUNTY INTERAGENCY OVERSIGHT GROUP (LCIOG)
March 13, 2014
Voting Members in attendance: Michelle Brinegar, Jenny Ellison, Jim Drendel, Dale Lake, Eric Moskalski, Josi McCauley, Cyndi Dodds, Margaret Crespo, Joe Thome, Averil Strand, Darcie Votipka, Greg Ketchum, Kay Dechairo, Rand Ratliff
Non-Voting Members in attendance: Thad Paul, Lynette Dunn, Bob Bauman, Steve Johnson, John Jostad
Recorder: Deb Bowen
- Call to order by Michelle Brinegar at 11:40 a.m.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Introductions were made around the table.
- Review and Approval of Minutes February 13, 2014
- Motion to approve minutes by Jim Drendel, seconded by Averil Strand. All in favor, motion passed.
- Center Request to Adjust Funding Line Items
- Laurie Klith of The Center has requested a line item change to the budget from case management to therapeutic services. This does not affect the budget but many questions were brought up. There was a concern about duplication of services and if the services could be covered by Medicaid. A suggestion was made to have a few LCIOG Board members meet with Laurie Klith and her staff/board members to gather more specific information from The Center so the LCIOG board may make an informed decision.
- Deb Bowen will set up a meeting between The Center and Thad Paul, Kay Dechairo, Averil Strand, Cyndi Dodds and Eric Moskalski. Some of the information needed is: number of children served, insurance breakouts, how many groups meet, how often and how many assessments.
- The request from The Center is tabled for now and will be brought back in at the next meeting after the work group has had a chance to meet with Laurie Klith.
- State Incentive Funds Response
- A written response (attached) from Reggie Bicha, Executive Director of Colorado Department of Human Services was received in regards to our letter sent to Roxane White of the Governor’s office inquiring about recent HB1451 budget cuts. A suggestion was made to reply to Reggie Bicha’s letter (with a CC to Roxane White and Julie Krow) to elaborate on how IV-E Waiver Project funds cannot be supplanted into the HB1451 budget as was suggested in the response. The Community Response Program is for children 0 – 5 years of age, not children in congregate care. The technology funds were used for replacing personal computers for child welfare professionals. The Enhanced Core funding went to other programs and is spent.
- It seems option 2 (50% cut) will be the final choice for funding reductions for the HB1451 fund shortage but that has not been officially announced by the State.
- Marijuana Grant
- $6,000,000 will be available to HB1451 groups for prevention, treatment and education of substance abuse. $300,000 - $400,000 could be available for Larimer County. We support this legislation and should encourage the JBC to give $6,000,000 of marijuana funding to preventive services. We need to form a workgroup to help write and apply for the grant funds. The Request for Proposal (RFP) is due by July. Grant request will be an agenda item at the next LCIOG meeting.
- Budget Report by Thad Paul (attached)
- FAPT Coordinator Position, Budget Recommendation to Pay for Additional $11,000
- The FAPT coordinator job posting has closed. Interviews are being held.
- The Budget Committee met, reviewed and recommended the $11,000 addition to increase the salary of the FAPT Coordinator as a manager position.
- A motion was made by Kay Dechairo to fund the additional $11,000 to our budget to include the position change. Eric Moskalski seconded the motion. All in favor, motion passed.
- Trauma Information
- The Trauma Screening/Assessment IV-E Waiver (TOP) process (attached) was reviewed along with two screening tools for children 0 -5 an 6-18 years of age. The screening tools were found to be valid and reliable by CSU research for a sample of 95 children. Larimer County DHS is moving forward with partner agencies to implement the trauma screening/assessment tool project that will go into effect on July 1, 2014. This will help provide trauma-informed care for children in our care/Program Area IV.
- Old Business – None
- New Business – None
- Next Meeting:
- May 8, 2014
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Larimer County Court House
200 West Oak Street
Carter Lake Room, 1st Floor
- Adjourn 12:50 p.m.
Notes submitted by Deb Bowen