Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, and Landfill are closed on May 29, 2017 in observance of the Memorial Day Holiday. Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH – December 12, 2013
The Larimer County Board of Health (BOH) convened its regular meeting at 7:00 PM at the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment (LCDHE), 1525 Blue Spruce Drive, Fort Collins, CO
Members Present: C.J. McKinney, Ph.D.
N. Mark Richards, M.D., M.P.H.
Jennifer Lee, Ph.D.
Janna West-Kowalski, M.S.
Executive Secretary: Adrienne LeBailly, M.D., M.P.H.
Commissioner: Steve Johnson
Staff: Marie Macpherson, Jerry Blehm, Paula Lady, Avie Strand
1. Call to order – CJ McKinney, Board president - The Board of Health meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.
2. Approval of minutes of November 14, 2013 meeting – Minutes of the November 14, 2013 meeting were unanimously approved.
3. Review of West Nile Virus season and Dr. Chet Moore’s report - Dr. LeBailly presented the 2013 WNV report to the City of Fort Collins that Dr. Moore authored. Dr. LeBailly used some of the slides from Dr. Moore’s recent presentation at CSU, and also added some slides of her own. The summer of 2013 brought the second highest number of neuroinvasive cases ever reported for Larimer County and the third highest for the state. Dr. LeBailly went through the WNV Presentation and report with the Board. Dr. LeBailly also provided a summary map of Fort Collins indicating by zone where infected mosquitoes were trapped, the vector index, total human WNV cases, and the human case rate.
4. Review of progress on 2013 goals – Dr. LeBailly and the Division Directors reported on the progress of their goals during 2013, going over the individual goals of each division. The goals report was presented at the meeting, has been sent electronically, and will be attached along with these minutes.
5. Director’s report – Dr. LeBailly indicated she didn’t have anything urgent for the Director’s report. Ms. Macpherson asked the Board if they had all received the salary information she had emailed to them regarding and whether they had any questions. She explained that the County Commissioners had approved a 1% salary range increase and up to a 2% merit increase for employees who have not reached the top of their classification. Dr. LeBailly, as appointing authority for this department, would like to implement the same increase for the department’s temporary employees and for the three Division Directors, the appointed officials who report to her. After the Board does their performance review, they will need to leave executive session and vote to approve any increase they would like to make in Dr. LeBailly’s salary.
Director’s performance review. At 9:10 PM Ms. West-Kowalski called for
a motion to move into Executive session in compliance with C.R.S. 24-6-402 (4)
(f) (I). The motion was seconded by Mr. Yurash and unanimously approved.
At 9:16 the Board of Health voted unanimously to go out of executive session and bring Dr. LeBailly back in the room. No actions were taken during the executive session.
Review of Evaluation and Board Action on Public Health
Director’s Salary for 2013 –
Mr. McKinney reviewed the Boards evaluation and provided Dr. LeBailly with a written summary of the ratings.
Motion: Mr. Yurash made a motion to approve a 3% increase in the Public Health Director’s salary for 2014, commensurate with the increase available to other county employees (1% market increase, 2% merit increase). Ms. Lee seconded the motion.
ACTION: The Board of Health unanimously approved a 3% increase for the Public Health Director for 2014.
8. Next meeting: January 9, 2013 [subsequently changed to Jan 30, 2014].
9. The Board of Health meeting adjourned at 9:25 pm.
Paula Lady, Recording Secretary Adrienne LeBailly, MD, MPH, Executive Secretary