LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Tuesday, July 22, 2014/7:00 P.M. / Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. APPROVAL OF THE MAY 27, 2014 MINUTES
C. APPROVAL OF THE FINDINGS & RESOLUTIONS FOR:
· Jones Setback Variance, File #14-BOA0988
· Heath/Demario Setback Variance, File #14-BOA0989
D. CONSENT ITEM: *Will not be discussed unless requested by Board Members or members of the audience
*1. LYONS 3rd AMENDED SETBACK VARIANCE, FILE #14-BOA0993
Request: Amended setback to allow a structure to be 10 feet from the road rather than the previously approved 11 feet and the required 25 feet per Section 4.1.3.B.2.A. of the Larimer County Land Use Code (see files 12-BOA0920 and 13-BOA0942
Location: 275 Streamside Dr., Glen Haven: located on the south side of Streamside Dr. approximately ¼ mile north of the County Road 43 intersection.
Applicant/Owner: Gail & Harley Lyons - 6860 Nelson Rd., Longmont, CO 80303-9009
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends Approval of the Lyons 3rd Amended Setback Variance File #14-BOA0993 subject to the following condition(s):
1. Failure to comply with any conditions of the Variance approval may result in reconsideration of the use and possible revocation of the approval by the Board of Adjustment.
2. All future additions or buildings that would be within setbacks as defined in the Land Use Code must go through the proper county review and planning process prior to construction.
3. This approval shall automatically expire in one year unless the applicant takes affirmative action consistent with this approval.
4. After the applicant applies for a building permit but prior to foundation pour, the Larimer County Building Department must be provided with a written certification by a Colorado Licensed Land surveyor that the proposed structure is located where shown on the Larimer County approved Plot Plan for this Department.
5. During the construction of the house, erosion control measures must be used to eliminate any silt or materials from entering the drainage way. In addition, all disturbed areas must be properly revegetated as soon as practicable.
6. No garage doors or parking area are allowed along the front side of the residence facing the road.
E. DISCUSSION ITEM:
*2. MARKLE SETBACK VARIANCE, FILE #14-BOA0991
Request: Setback Variance request to allow an existing 12.3’ x 18.2’ shed to be 8 inches at its closest point from the side property line rather than the required 5’ per Section 4.1.2 of the Larimer County Land Use Code in the FA-Farming zoning district.
Location: Section 36, Township 6 N, Range 69 W, 1012 Engleman Place, Loveland, CO.
Applicant/Owner: Charles & Ada Markle - 1012 Engleman Pl, Loveland CO 80538-1916
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends denial of the Touzjian Setback Variance, File #14-BOA983.