County Offices, Courts and Landfill will be closed on Monday, July 4 for the Independence Day Holiday. Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
MINUTES OF THE LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
(March 26, 2013)
The regular meeting of the Larimer County Board of Adjustment was held in the County Board Hearing Room in the Larimer County Courthouse Offices, Fort Collins, Colorado at 7:00 p.m., March 26, 2013 at which time the following business was transacted.
Board Members Present: Tom Peterson, Carol Dowding, Alan Cram, Jeffrey Schneider, and Mike Handley
Staff Present: Michael Whitley, County Planner, and Sean C. McGill, Senior County Attorney
Minutes: Carol Dowding moved and Jeffrey Schneider seconded the Motion to approve the February 26, 2013 Minutes of the Larimer County Board of Adjustment as presented. Board members Tom Peterson, Carol Dowding, Alan Cram, Jeffrey Schneider, and Mike Handley voted in favor of the Motion. The Minutes were unanimously approved.
Findings and Resolutions: Carol Dowding moved and Tom Peterson seconded the Motion to approve the following Findings and Resolutions: Gabel Setback Variance (#13-BOA0925), and Duerr Setback Variance (#12-BOA0922). Board members Tom Peterson, Carol Dowding, Alan Cram, Jeffrey Schneider, and Mike Handley voted in favor of the Motion.
A. Consent Applications
The following application was approved by consent:
File No: #13-BOA0929 (Eichman Setback Variance)
Owner: Blue Spruce Mobile Home Park, LLC / Harold Eichman
Applicant: Kathy Eichman
Request: The Application of Kathy Eichman, requesting a variance was presented to the Board. The Application requested a setback variance to allow a building addition to be 76.5 feet from the Highway 287 right-of-way centerline (14 feet from the property line) rather than the required minimum of 130 feet from the right-of-way line or 80 feet from the property line, whichever is greater, in the FA-Farming zone.
Action: Carol Dowding moved and Jeffrey Schneider seconded the Motion to approve the Application with the following conditions:
1. Failure to comply with any conditions of the variance approval may result in reconsideration of the use and possible revocation of the approval by the Board of Adjustment.
2. This approval shall automatically expire one year from the date of this Resolution unless prior to expiration the Applicant (a) takes affirmative action consistent with this approval, OR (b) submits a written request showing good cause to extend the one year time limit.
3. All future additions or buildings that would be within setbacks as defined in the Land Use Code must go through the proper county review and planning process prior to construction.
4. Prior to issuance of a building permit, the applicant shall satisfactorily resolve the Health Department’s requirements for sewer service for the property.
5. After the applicant applies for a building permit but prior to foundation pour, the Larimer County Building Department must be provided with a written certification by a Colorado Licensed Land surveyor that the proposed structure is located where shown on the Larimer County approved Plot Plan for this Department.
Board members Tom Peterson, Carol Dowding, Alan Cram, Jeffrey Schneider, and Mike Handley voted in favor of the Motion. The Application was approved with conditions.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
(These proceedings were recorded by audio tape.)
LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT