LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Monday, April 21, 2014/3:00 P.M./Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. ITEM REMOVED FROM AGENDA:
1. ESTES VALLEY DEVELOPMENT CODES – MICRO-BREWERIES, WINERIES AND DISTILLERIES AS A PRINCIPLE USE IN CERTAIN NON-RESIDENTIAL ZONE DISTRICTS
D. ITEMS TABLED TO MAY 26, 2014 BCC HEARING:
2. ESTES VALLEY DEVELOPMENT CODE – TO ALLOW ASSEMBLIES AS A PRINCIPLE USE IN CERTAIN NON-RESIDENTIAL ZONE DISTRICTS.
3. ESTES VALLEY DEVELOPMENT CODE – TO INCREASE THE MEDIAN INCOME LEVEL FOR OWNER-OCCUPIED AND RENTER-OCCUPIED UNITS UP 10 125% OF THE AREA MEDIAN INCOME.
E. PUBLIC HEARING CONSENT ITEMS: *Will not be discussed unless requested by
Commissioners or members of the audience.
*4. ESTES VALLEY DEVELOPMENT CODE - AMEND CODE TO REQUIRE CONCURRENT APPLICATION REVIEW
Staff Contacts: Dave Shirk, Senior Planner
Request: Amended the Estes Valley Development Code to clarify that staff has the authority to promulgate processing schedules for related development applications; and
In all cases, require review and approval of related development applications by the Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners prior to review by the Board of Adjustment.
Staff Recommendation: Revise development code as presented.
*5. ESTES VALLEY DEVELOPMENT CODED AMENDMENTS TO ALIGN REZONING, SPECIAL REVIEW, AND VARIANCE EXPIRATION WITH STATE VESTING LAWS
Staff Contacts: Dave Shirk, Senior Planner
Request: Amend the Estes Valley Development Code (EVDC) to allow longer time periods in which Code Amendment (i.e. rezoning), Special Review and Variance approvals are valid.
Staff Recommendation: Revise the EVDC as described above and delineated in Exhibit A.
*6. INDIAN CREEK MEADOWS LOT 14 AMENDED PLAT,
Staff Contacts: Brenda Gimeson, Planning, Clint Jones Engineering, Doug Ryan, Health
Request: Amend the building envelope for Lot 14 by extending its size by 50 feet to the south. If approved, the recording instrument for this application will be a Findings and Resolution from the Board of County Commissioners with an exhibit attached.
Location: Section 2, Township 8, Range 68; 5667 Dakota Court, Wellington, Colorado
Applicant: Landmark Engineering/Kim - 3521 W Eisenhower Blvd., Loveland CO 80537
Owner: Ernest & Susan Macquiddy – 5667 Dakota Ct, Wellington CO 80549-1684
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends Approval of the Indian Creek Meadows R.L.U.P. Amended Plat, Lot 14, File 14-S3217 subject to the following condition(s):
1. The resultant lot is subject to any and all covenants, deed restrictions or other conditions that apply to the original lots.
2. The reconfiguration of the building envelope lines shall be finalized at such time when the findings and resolution of the County Commissioners is recorded with the exhibit showing the new location of the building envelope.
*7. S BAR G LOT 2 AMENDED PLAT AND EASEMENT VACATION
Staff Contacts: Rob Helmick, Planning, Clint Jones Engineering, Doug Ryan, Health
Request: Amended Plat of Lot 2 to clarify the dedication private vs. public access easements; to vacate and relocate the access easement, to relocate and locate vs. blanket utility easements; and to locate specific access points for future lots
Location: 23-8-69; on the north side of Douglas Road ¼ mile west of Highway 1 adjacent to Eagle Lake Subdivision.
Applicant/Owner: Scott & Margaret Glick – 152 W Douglas Rd, Fort Collins CO 80524
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends Approval of the Amended Plat of Lot 2 S Bar G Minor Land Division and easement vacation/relocation file # 14-S3216, subject to the following condition(s) and authorization for the chairman to sign the plat when the conditions are met and the plat is presented for signature:
1. All conditions of approval shall be met and the Final Plat recorded by October 21, 2014 or this approval shall be null and void.
2. Prior to the recordation of the Final Plat, the applicant shall make the technical corrections required by Brian Helminiak, Land Surveyor of the Larimer County Engineering Department.
F. PUBLIC HEARING DISCUSSION ITEM:
8. LEACH SOLAR GARDEN PUBLIC SITE PLAN,
Staff Contacts: Rob Helmick, Planning, Clint Jones, Engineering, Doug Ryan, Health
Request: Public Site Plan Review of a Small Solar facility. A 4-acre solar garden on a 15-acre parcel for the Clean Energy Collective
Location: 35-8-69: at the north end of Whitcomb St. north of Vine Drive
Applicant: Clean Energy Collective/Richard Miller – 3005 Center Green Dr #205, Boulder, CO 80301
Owner: Duane Leach – 2096 N Whitcomb Street, Fort Collins CO 80524
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends Approval of the Leach Solar Garden File # 14-PSP0056, subject to the following condition(s):
1. This approval shall automatically expire in two years if the use has not commenced and/or a building permit and/or development construction permit are not issued.