MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
There were no meetings held on Monday, February 24, 2014.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2014
ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS MEETING
The Board of County Commissioners met at 9:00 a.m. with Neil Gluckman, Assistant County Manager. Chair Donnelly presided and Commissioner Gaiter was present. Also present were: Bob Keister, and Deni LaRue, Commissioners’ Office; Mark Peterson, Engineering Department; David Ayraud, County Attorney’s Office; and Denise Ruybal, Deputy Clerk.
Chair Donnelly opened the meeting up to public comment giving citizens the opportunity to address the Commissioners regarding events and issues pertaining to Larimer County. No one was present to address the Board.
Chair Donnelly opened the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance.
1. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 17, 2014.
M O T I O N
Commissioner Gaiter moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the minutes for the week of February 17, 2014, as presented.
Motion carried 2-0
2. CONSENT AGENDA:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Gaiter moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the consent agenda as outlined below:
PETITIONS FOR ABATEMENT: As recommended by the County Assessor the following petitions for abatement have been approved: NBA Hospitality Inc.
02252014A001 CONTRACT AMENDMENT BY AND BETWEEN LARIMER COUNTY AND STATE OF COLORADO CPW FILE NO. 14 ANS-53287A#1
02252014D001 DEED OF DEDICATION: MARVIN L. AND MARCHETTA M. THOMPSON
02252014D002 DEED OF DEDICATION: BERNARD E. AND LINDA M. ROLLIN
02252014D003 DEED OF DEDICATION: DENIS L.M. CLARK AND SHANNON J. MOYES CLARK
02252014D004 DEED OF DEDICATION: NCR-CO 1, LLC
02252014D005 DEED OF DEDICATION: CHARLES S. AND TANYA J. BAY
MISCELLANEOUS: Conveyance of Permanent Drainage and Utility Easement by Charles S. Bay and Tanya J. Bay; Department of Human Services payments for December 2013; Recommended appointment of Amanda A. Manges Quijano to the Poudre River Library Board of Trustees; Colorado Justice Assistance Grant Application 2014 8th Judicial District Wellness Court/2014-DJ-14-003208; Colorado Justice Assistance Grant Application 2014 Employment Success 2014-DJ-003177; Impact Assistance Grant – Colorado Parks and Wildlife; Agreement and Release.
LIQUOR LICENSES: The following license was approved and/or issued: Inlet Bay Marina – 3.2% Beer Retail – Fort Collins.
Motion carried 2-0
At this point, Commissioner Johnson joined in via telephone.
3. PRESENT DISTRIBUTION PLAN FOR 2013 COMMUNITY REPORT: Ms. LaRue and Mr. Keister presented the 2013 Community Report. This 6 page brochure outlines county services and their performances and will become an annual report. The report serves as a great cue card for anyone wanting information pertaining to Larimer County. Distribution of the report has started with placement in 5 local papers, through employees, county offices and meetings.
4. WORKSESSION: Mr. Gluckman attended the Livable Community Workshop last week. The future of housing, transportation, and health and wellness were discussed. Possible solutions such as communes, more user friendly modes of transportation, and affordable health care were discussed. Mr. Gluckman introduced Mr. Peterson. Mr. Peterson prepared a letter in support of Congressman Cory Gardner’s proposal regarding north I-25. The letter highlights and stresses the importance of supporting the reauthorization of the 2014 Federal Transportation Bill and specifically supports the inclusion of the needs of north I-25. The local communities have done a lot in the past few years to meet the needs but it far surpasses the abilities of the local communities to carry this forward. It was the consensus of the Board of County Commissioners that the Board is in favor of signing the letter and that Mr. Peterson would ensure the letter was delivered by Friday, February 27, 2014.
5. COMMISSIONER ACTIVITY REPORTS: The Board reviewed their activities during the previous week.
6. LEGAL MATTERS: Mr. Ayraud presented a resolution regarding an employee personnel action based on the Citizen Review Panel Determination. Mr. Ayraud was able to draft the resolution without mentioning the employees names.
M O T I O N
Commissioner Gaiter moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the resolution regarding employee personnel action based on the Citizen Review Panel determination.
Motion carried 3-0
The meeting adjourned at 9:35 a.m.
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
CLERK AND RECORDER
Denise M. Ruybal, Deputy Clerk