County Offices, Courts, and the Landfill will all be closed on Monday, May 30, 2016 for the Memorial Day Holiday. Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
MONDAY, JANUARY 31, 2011
There were no meetings held today.
The Board of County Commissioners met at 9:00 a.m. with Frank Lancaster, County Manager. Chair Donnelly presided, and Commissioners Gaiter and Johnson were present. Also present were: Donna Hart and Deni LaRue, Commissioners’ Office; Charlie Johnson, Engineering Department; Laurel Kubin, Extension Office; Linda Hoffman, Planning Department; Marc Engemoen, Public Works Department; Jeannine Haag, County Attorney; and Melissa Lohry, Deputy Clerk.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT: Dawn Nannini, Research and Evaluation Specialist with TEAM Fort Collins, a group aimed at preventing drug and alcohol abuse, addressed the Board to request a partnership in liquor licensing enforcement within the county. Dr. Nannini explained that she typically works with liquor distributors in Fort Collins to educate and prevent underage consumption. She noted that the City of Fort Collins and the State of Colorado recognize retailers that partner with TEAM Fort Collins by offering reduced penalties for minor liquor offenses.
Chair Donnelly stated that the Board was interested in learning more about the TEAM Fort Collins program and Commissioner Gaiter suggested scheduling a worksession to discuss futher.
William Reavey and Jeff Smith expressed their concern to the Board regarding the management and scheduling practices at The Ranch. Mr. Reavey stated that the event manager for his business, True West Productions, had called and left multiple messages requesting to schedule events, which to date, have remained unanswered.
Chair Donnelly thanked Mr. Reavey and Mr. Smith and requested Mr. Lancaster follow up with the event manager regarding scheduling procedures.
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK OF JANURARY 24, 2011:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Gaiter moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the minutes for the week of January 24, 2011.
Motion carried 3-0.
3. REVIEW OF THE SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK FEBRUARY 7, 2011: Ms. Hart reviewed the upcoming schedules with the Board.
4. CONSENT AGENDA:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Johnson moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the consent agenda, as listed below:
PETITIONS FOR ABATEMENT: As recommended by the County Assessor, the following Petitions for Abatement are approved: Terry R. and Patricia Campbell; Highland Meadows Golf Course; and Stephen P. and Linda M. Castle.
02012011A001 INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT REGARDING THE NORTHERN COLORADO BOMB SQUAD BY AND BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ON BEHALF OF THE LARIMER COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE, THE CITY OF FORT COLLINS, AND THE CITY OF LOVELAND
02012011A002 DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT FOR NORTHFIELD CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT, FILE #10-S2997, BY AND BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND JOHN & BECKY WALDO
02012011A003 DEVELOPMENT PLAN IMPROVEMENT AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE ESTES RESORT GROUP LP
02012011D001 DEED OF DEDICATION, WILLIAM J. WALDO AND MICHELLE A. WALDO – NORTHFIELD CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT DEED OF DEDICATION
02012011R001 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE HANDLEY EXEMPTION TRACT A, AMENDED PLAT AND THE BETS-NELL BOUNDARY LINE ADJUSTMENT
02012011R002 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING AN AMENDED PLAT OF LOTS 3 & 4, BLOCK 15, IN WEST HIAWATHA HEIGHTS SUBDIVISION AND A VACATION OF A PORTION OF SHAGWA DRIVE RIGHT-OF-WAY
02012011R003 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE NORTHFIELD CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT PRELIMINARY PLAT AND APPEAL TO SECTION 8.14.4.D (UNDERGROUND UTILITIES)
02012011R004 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE AMENDED PLAT OF LOT 104 IN PINEWOOD SPRINGS 5TH FILING, THE RAINS BOUNDARY LINE ADJUSTMENT AND UTILITY EASEMENT VACATION
02012011R005 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING AN AMENDED PLAT OF LOTS 1 AND 4, BLOCK 7 IN GLEN HAVEN SUBDIVISION AND VACATION OF DRIVEWAY ACCESS
02012011R006 RESOLUTION FOR STATUTORY VESTED RIGHTS FOR NORTHFIELD CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT, FILE #10-S2997
02012011R007 RESOLUTION CANCELLING 2008 TAXES DETERMINED TO BE UNCOLLECTIBLE
MISCELLANEOUS: Grant of Easement for Recreational Trail by and between the Board of County Commissioners and the City of Loveland; Grant of Easement for Recreational Trail by and between the Board of County Commissioners and Platte River Power Authority; Annual Certification of Larimer County Maintained Road Mileage to the Colorado Department of Transportation.
LIQUOR LICENSES: The following licenses were approved and/or issued: JJ’s Liquor – Retail Liquor Store – Fort Collins; Windjammer Roadhouse LLC – New Manager Registration – Loveland.
Motion carried 3-0.
5. LARIMER COUNTY EXTENSION UPDATE: Ms. Kubin addressed the Board and provided an overview of the accomplishments and changes within the Extension Office. Ms. Kubin presented the 2009-2010 Annual Report, provided an update on the changes in personnel in the Extension Office, updated the Board on the progress of the Extension Needs Assessment, and noted the importance of the Extension Office’s collaboration with Colorado State University. Ms. Kubin concluded by inviting the Board to participate in one of the many upcoming events.
The Board thanked Ms. Kubin for her report.
6. REPORT ON THE OUTCOME OF THE REGIONAL FOOD SYSTEM ASSESSMENT: Ms. Hoffman presented an overview of the Regional Food System Assessment to the Board. Ms. Hoffman explained that the assessment was a joint effort completed by Larimer County, Boulder County, and Weld County, with contributions by Colorado State University, the Fort Collins Downtown Development Authority, and the Colorado Department of Local Affairs. The assessment focused on understanding food and agriculture as a system, documenting the current conditions of the system, identifying potential economic development opportunities, strengths and weaknesses within the system, and bringing people together across all elements of the food system.
The Commissioners thanked Ms. Hoffman for her report, noted the increasing interest in local food systems, and emphasized the importance of the assessment.
7. COUNTY MANAGER WORKSESSION: Mr. Lancaster informed the Board that the Maximization of Space project was completed and the work was finished under budget. Mr. Lancaster noted the renovations at the Oak Street building were completed for $312,000 under the estimated cost and renovations at the Midpoint building were completed for $528,000 under the estimated cost, for a total savings of $840,000. In addition to being completed under budget, the project will save an estimated $22,000 in annual rental costs. Mr. Lancaster thanked all of the diligent work done by the Facilities and Information Technology Department.
The Board echoed Mr. Lancaster’s praise.
Commissioner Gaiter requested the consider sending a letter of support for House Bill 1082, regarding emissions testing.
After some discussion amongst the Board, Commissioner Gaiter requested a brief overview from Doug Ryan, Environmental Health Department, before the Board offered support for the Bill.
8. COMMISSIONER ACTIVITY REPORTS: The Board discussed their activities at events during the past week.
9. LEGAL MATTERS: Ms. Haag requested the Board go into executive session to discuss ex parte communications and stated there would be no decision made after the discussion.
M O T I O N
Commissioner Gaiter moved that the Board of County Commissioners go into executive session for conferences with an attorney pursuant to 24-6-402(4)(b) C.R.S.
Motion carried 3-0.
There being no further business, the Board adjourned at 11:15 a.m.
TOM DONNELLY, CHAIR
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
CLERK AND RECORDER
Melissa E. Lohry, Deputy County Clerk