County Offices, Courts and the Landfill will be closed Monday, May 25 in observance of Memorial Day. Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
There were no meetings on June 29, 2009.
TUESDAY, JUNE 30, 2009
The Board of County Commissioners met at 9:30 a.m. with Frank Lancaster, County Manager. Chair Rennels presided and Commissioners Donnelly and Johnson were present. Also present were: Donna Hart and Deni LaRue, Commissioners’ Office; Carol Block and Lorrie Lopez, Finance Department; and Melissa Lohry, Deputy Clerk.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT: There was no public comment today.
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 22, 2009:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Donnelly moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the minutes for the week of June 22, 2009.
Motion carried 3-0.
3. REVIEW OF THE SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF JULY 6, 2009: Ms. Hart reviewed the upcoming schedule with the Board.
4. CONSENT AGENDA:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Johnson moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the Consent Agenda for June 30, 2009:
06302009A001 MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BY AND BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE STATE OF COLORADO, DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
06302009A002 SHIELD AGREEMENT AND NON-APPROPRIATION ADDENDUM TO LEASE/AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND TAMCO CAPITAL CORPORATION
06302009A003 CERTIFICATION OF LOCAL PLAN REQUIRED UNDER THE WORFORCE INVESTMENT ACT OF 1998/WAGNER PEYSER ANNUAL PLAN FOR IMPLEMENTATION STARTING IN PROGRAM YEAR 2009
06302009D001 DEED OF DEDICATION – JEFFREY M. DONALDSON
06302009R001 RESOLUTION VOIDING APPROVAL OF GRAYCOR BLASTING SPECIAL EXCEPTION
06302009R002 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE AMENDED PLAT OF LOTS 1-4, BLOCK 5, AND LOTS 1-2, BLOCK 6, IN THE BERTHOUD DALE SUBDIVISION
06302009R003 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE AMENDED PLAT OF LOTS 40, 41, 44, AND 45 IN THE GLEN HAVEN SUBDIVISION, 1ST FILING
06302009R004 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE PLAT OF LOTS 5 AND 6, BLOCK 3, OF THE PLEASANT ACRES 2ND FILING
06302009R005 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE LOVELAND READY MIX MINOR LAND DIVISION
06302009R006 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE VACATION OF AN EASEMENT IN GLACIER VIEW MEADOWS 8TH FILING LOT 77
MISCELLANEOUS: Federal Grant Application – Family Connection Discretionary Grant
Motion carried 3-0.
5. NEW DISTRICT RANGER FOR CANYON LAKES DISTRICT: Reghan Cloudman, from the United States Forest Service, introduced Kevin Atchley, the new District Manager for the Canyon Lakes District, to the Board.
The Board congratulated Mr. Atchley on his new position and he briefly updated them on the progress of spraying campgrounds to help ward off pine beetles.
6. COUNTY MANAGER WORKSESSION: Mr. Lancaster presented the discussion topics proposed for the Board’s meeting with the Fort Collins City Council and the Loveland City Council. The Board reviewed the topics and listed the ones they believed to be most pertinent.
Mr. Lancaster requested the Board’s approval to request a discussion about Worker’s Compensation claims and coverage, as related to the Senior Property Tax Work-off Program, at Colorado Counties Inc. (CCI). He stated that currently, the Department of Human Services must cover the individuals enrolled in the work-off program on the department’s worker’s compensation coverage, as this is the department from which the individuals are paid. However, because the individuals are placed in departments throughout the county, the Department of Human Services does not control the seniors’ work environments.
Also, in order to place seniors in non-profit companies, the company must agree to pay any worker’s compensation claims that may arise from that individual. Mr. Lancaster is worried that this may become a deterrent for many non-profits currently considering hiring seniors enrolled in the program.
He suggested the topic be considered during a CCI session as counties across the state employ individuals in the program and face the same obsticles. The Board agreed and Chair Rennels asked Mr. Lancaster to request information from surrounding counties about how they have structured their worker’s compensation for individuals enrolled in the program.
7. REVIEW OF THE 2008 FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND DISCUSSION OF THE COUNTY AUDITOR’S FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS: Ms. Block and Ms. Lopez introduced Alan Holmberg, from Anderson & Whitney, who conducted the official audit of the 2008 financial statements on behalf of the county. He stated the audit did not reveal any concerns and his conclusion was that the county’s finances were fairly represented in the statements.
The Board will meet with Ms. Block and Ms. Lopez during a worksession on July 27, 2009, to further review Mr. Holmberg’s findings.
8. COMMISSIONER ACTIVITY REPORTS: The Board reviewed their attendance at events during the previous week.
9. LEGAL MATTERS: There were no legal matters to discuss today.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 10:30 a.m.
KATHAY C. RENNELS, CHAIR
BOARD OF COUNTYCOMMISSIONERS
CLERK AND RECORDER
Melissa E. Lohry, Deputy Clerk