MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
MONDAY, OCTOBER 16 , 2006
There were no land use hearings held on Monday, October 16, 2006.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2006
The Board of County Commissioners met at 9:30 a.m. with County Manager, Frank Lancaster. Chair Gibson presided and Commissioners Wagner and Rennels were present. Also present were: Donna Hart, and Deni LaRue, Commissioners Office; Nancy Grove, and Patty Sheng, Health Department; and Kristen Romary, Deputy Clerk.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT: There was no public comment today.
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 9, 2006:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Wagner moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the minutes for the week of October 9, 2006.
Motion carried 3-0.
3. REVIEW OF THE SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 23, 2006: The Commissioners reviewed and discussed the upcoming schedule with Ms. Hart.
4. CONSENT AGENDA:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Rennels moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the following items as presented on the Consent Agenda for October 17, 2006:
ABATEMENTS: As recommended by the County Assessor, the following Petitions for Abatement are approved: St. Peters Marble & Granite (2004/2005); Loaf and Jug.
10172006A001 MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF LARIMER COUNTY AND THE STATE OF COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
10172006D001 DEED OF DEDICATION BY PETER S. JOHNSON FOR SAID PROPERTY AS A PUBLIC HIGHWAY
10172006D002 DEED OF DEDICATION BY KENNETH C. HOPKINS AND KATHLEEN M. HOPKINS FOR SAID PROPERTY AS A PUBLIC HIGHWAY
10172006R001 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE BOXELDER SANITATION DISTRICT FLOOD PLAIN SPECIAL REVIEW
10172006R002 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE RENNELS MINOR LAND DIVISION
10172006R003 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE AMENDED PLAT OF TRACT 1 OF THE AMENDED PLAT OF TRACT 2 IN MCDONOUGH MINOR RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT #2 AND A PORTION OF SECTION 12, TOWNSHIP 5, RANGE 68
10172006R004 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE LARAMIE RIVER SHOP SITE MINOR LAND DIVISION AND APPEALS
10172006R005 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE WEIGAND MINOR SPECIAL REVIEW
10172006R006 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE SECOND AMENDED SPECIAL REVIEW FOR THE ASHCROFT KENNELS
10172006R007 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE SPENCER/MUDARRI MINOR SPECIAL REVIEW AND APPEAL OF SECTION 4.3.10 OF THE LARIMER COUNTY LAND USE CODE
10172006R008 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE AMENDMENTS TO THE ESTES VALLEY DEVELOPMENT CODE
10172006R009 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE WESTVIEW II PRELIMINARY RURAL LAND PLAN
MISCELLANEOUS: Annual Performance Evaluation Report of County Manager.
Motion carried 3-0.
5. RECOGNITION OF NANCY GROVE, MASTERS IN PUBLIC HEALTH, RECENTLY NAMED OUTSTANDING HEALTH EDUCATOR BY THE COLORADO PUBLIC HEALTH ASSOCIATION: Ms. Grove explained that she had been nominated for the award by her piers and other health educators in Colorado. She stated that she has worked for the Health Department for more than 15 years, primarily focusing on tobacco use prevention. Ms. Grove emphasized her appreciation for the award, and was touched that her service was recognized by the Board today. She also took the time to thank others in the Health Department and those she has worked with in Larimer County. Commissioner Rennels thanked Ms. Grove for her hard work, dedication, and passion displayed during her years with Larimer County.
6. WORKSESSION: Mr. Lancaster explained that in a meeting with Windsor and Timnath residents, a question arose regarding the appointment of Library Board members. Those in attendance at the meeting were looking for suggestions from the County Commissioners in reference to who should be appointed. It is the duty of the Board of County Commissioners to appoint all members of the Library Board. Mr. Lancaster proposed that the Board ask all city mayors, who may be able to provide names of people to contact. He also suggested that the Board advertise, recruit, and post a request for interested residents to apply. The Commissioners agreed that it would be a good idea to include Library Board members from Timnath and Windsor, in order to provide an accurate and even representation of all the areas involved.
7. COMMISSIONER ACTIVITY REPORTS: The Board noted their attendance at events during the past week.
8. LEGAL MATTERS: There were no legal matters to discuss.
The meeting ended at 10:20 a.m.
GLENN W. GIBSON, CHAIR
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
CLERK AND RECORDER
Kristen L. Romary, Deputy Clerk