County Offices, Courts and the Landfill will be closed Monday, May 25 in observance of Memorial Day.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Civilian Detention Service Officer
This is a position in the Security Unit of the Detention Center, which monitors activities throughout the Detention Center via closed circuit cameras and intercoms; controls inmate and public access and movement into and within the Detention Center; manually operates detention security doors by means of remote control; and performs extensive computer work and a variety of clerical duties. Rotating shift work required.
You must be a high school graduate (or equivalent), 18 years of age, and have current first aid and community CPR certificates by date of hire. The specific requirements for Detention Service Officer include:
- Work under stress and exercise good judgement in emergency situations.
- Learn to operate security and communications equipment, to include computer
keyboard, mouse and touchpad.
- Perform a variety of clerical tasks such as maintaining accurate records, report preparation, and answering telephones.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with diverse groups, which include the public, inmates, staff, other criminal justice agency personnel, and County government staff.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directives.
- Assess situations and people.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
NOTE: For Civilian Detention Service Officer:
- Candidates are placed on probation for one year from date of hire.
- Candidates must pass a 10 to 12 week Field Training Program.