You can make reservations 180 days in the future both online www.larimercamping.org and through the reservation call center (1-800-397-7795).
What Are The Rules?
- A two-night stay is required for weekends April through October at all campsites, at all times for Airstream, and May through September at camper cabins at Hermit Park Open Space. For example, if you want to camp Friday night or Saturday night, you must make a reservation for two nights: Friday & Saturday,or Saturday & Sunday.
- A three-night stay is required for the holidays of Memorial Day, Labor Day, and July 4 at all campsites. If the July 4 holiday falls on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday, a 3-night minimum is required. For example, if you want to camp the day before Memorial Day or on Memorial Day, you must reserve 3 nights: Friday, Saturday, & Sunday; Saturday, Sunday, & Monday; or Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday. Other holiday rules: If your camping trip encompasses 1) Friday, Saturday, or Sunday of Memorial Day weekend; July 4 when it falls on a weekend; or Friday, Saturday, or Sunday of Labor Day weekend, and 2) your reservation is made within the first 30 days of the 180-day reservation window, and 3) you subsequently want to change the arrival date to a later date, you will forfeit four camping days to Larimer County Department of Natural Resources, plus the standard change fee to the reservation company. This rule is to discourage customers from overriding the 180-day window in order to have an advantage over other customers.
- No minimum stays November through March, or Mondays - Thursdays unless a holiday is involved.
- No maximum stays November through March.
- 14 days in any 30-day period in the entire system is the longest you can camp April through October.
- 5 reservations is the maximum you can make per phone call or web session.
- First-come, first-served sites: During the recreation season, April through October, sites are only "first-come, first-served" if they have not been reserved. From November through March, almost all sites are "first-come, first-served."
We recommend that you reserve your campsite, camper cabin, or the Airstream in advance to ensure that you have a site in the park of your choice.
When Can You Make A Reservation?
- Reservations are accepted as few as 1 day prior to arrival when using a credit card, or 15 days prior to arrival for checks and money orders. Example: If you are making a reservation online using your credit card, Thursday at midnight is the latest you can make a reservation for Friday. If you are making a reservation through the call center using your credit card, see the call center hours below.
- The farthest out you can make a reservation is 180 days PRIOR TO arrival date. Use a calendar and count backwards.
- The reservation center is open for phone calls seven days a week during the recreation season from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays, and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekends. October through March, the reservation center is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
- Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day.
How Do Fees Work?
- The reservation fee is $8.75 per site, per camping trip. It is a non-refundable fee.
- When you make your reservation, payment is required for camping permits. Use your credit card, personal check, or a money order.
- When you arrive at the parks, payment is required for park entrance permits (except for Estes Park Campgrounds at East Portal and Mary's Lake). Purchase daily or annual park entrance permits at the entrance stations, or you can purchase annual park entrance permits online before you get to the parks. Allow mailing time to receive permits before your trip. Check here for current permit prices.
- If you change or cancel a reservation, you must pay an additional $6.35 fee. Plan ahead to save fees! If you cancel fewer than 1 full day before arrival date, or cancel any part of the reservation after arrival at the park, you may forfeit up to two night's camping fees, since the site won't be available for other people to reserve.
- Walk-in camping fee: $2.50/site